Question about a few death metal bands.....

the guy with the jennifer connelly avatar is named after this song, and for good reason

Last edited by a moderator:
You should probably get Leprosy first as it sounds more like SBG, but Symbolicis also good.

Nile's Annihalation of the Wicked is even better than In Their Darkened Shrines, definitely get that.

I'll be honest: I find 99.9% of power metal and all black metal to be terrible.

Does that make me right? Most likely not....

That makes your opinion one based on musical style, though. This is different because I enjoy plenty of brutal and slam death and have no problem with heavily detuned guitars, brutal vocals, idiotic samples, etc. However, those songs featured no interesting riffs, headbang-inducing grooves, or anything listenable at all, really, and the samples were too stupid and too long.

@OP: Dissection are melodic black metal tbh. Storm of the Light's Bane should appeal to fans of any sorta extreme metal, though. For death metal in that style try Soulreaper. It's a death metal band formed from former members of Dissection. I have Written in Blood, which is damn good, and iirc V.V.V.V.V. (who's usually right) said their other album is real good.

If you dig Death's solos and stuff The Sound of Perseverance is essential, some fucking amazing guitar playing on that album. You should also check out Control Denied (essentially Death with a different vocalist). Decrepit Birth's recent stuff contains a significant amount of Death worship.

the guy with the jennifer connelly avatar is named after this song, and for good reason

Just listen to Entombed's Left Hand Path or Clandestine... there's really no point to bother with Resurrection through trying to sound like Entombed if you havent heard the original.

And fair enough WAIF... but I find myself banging to Zombie Apocalypse and Decapitated... and Slaughterhouse is just fun... makes me wonder what would happen if Finntroll went death metal.

well, idk if anyone posted anything on Mortician...and im too lazy too check but....-Hacked up for BBQ -Slaughterhouse I & II -Mass Mutilation -Extinction of Mankind....k?

i'm going to dive into some bands that i haven't seen people talking about on here, i hope to be able to recommend some to you guys eventually, after all you've got me started, i should contribute something

Just a fair warning that the odds of you finding a band on here that no one else knows about are approximately 0%, V.V.V.V.V. somehow knows about fucking everything and at least three other posters on here are walking DM encyclopedias.

well i don't mean that no ones heard of, i'm pretty sure most people have heard of most bands, i just mean, some that people just aren't talking about, or haven't listened to, more or less to have different picks than everyone i guess

that was a joke, but no i read on another board about Deeds of Flesh, any recommendations from them? I thought about grabbing Mark of The Legion.

I picked up Six Feet Under "Haunted" today, i found it used for 3 dollars, not too shabby. so if i don't like it i'm not out much

I picked up Six Feet Under "Haunted" today, i found it used for 3 dollars, not too shabby. so if i don't like it i'm not out much

Meh... not their best.

At least you get Lycanthropy and Human Target.

I prefer 13 or Bringer of Blood, the first of which is good, the second is hilarious.

Shadow of the Reaper

Deathklaat

Murdered in the Basement

When Skin Turns Blue

I'm a SFU whore. >_>

And here's the song they did with Ice T just because.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mortician and SFU are simply just terrible. plain and simple

I'm really Liking Epitaph by Necrophagist right now, really good album. i haven't had alot of time but i got a few more albums for cheap, here's what i got, most of them were because i was curious and taking some advice, and discovering some for myself, but they were cheap so if i dont' like them its alright.

Six Feet Under- Haunted (already mentioned this)
Cattle Decapitation- Humanure (only thing i'm getting from them)
Deceased- Fearless Undead Machines
Necrophagist- Epitaph
Putrid Pile- Collections of Butchery (looked interesting)
Regurgitate- Deviant (has not arrived in the mail)

i know, not alot of whats been recommended, but hey, i'm branching out a little, and they were dirt cheap at a used cd store.

They do have alot of boring crap... and I'll admit listening to a full length from front to back is a chore... but in small doses they are definitely listenable...