Question about December Souls Reissue

Soundjunkie

baller
Aug 14, 2006
Australia
Hey, Last week I purchased the last of the seven major releases from Katatonia, that just so happened to be there first album. I was just wondering about this copy of dance of December souls. i purchased a "remastered" copy that came in a digi pack with a different artwork.
imga0201ig3.jpg

I actually like this cover a lot more than the original. Any ways I read on the wiki for DODS that the band never supported this release. Is this true and if so is there any reason, is this rerelease drastically different to the original release.

Also does anyone know who did this artwork?

Cerulean said:
Aww... I'm afraid you bought the version that is not supported by the band... It's been asked to boycott this one, but you obviously didn't know, so don't worry about it.
Damn now I feel bad. Australia sucks for music. It was impossible to find brave murder day and discouraged ones. So I had to import those.

If I remember correctly, the band doesn't support this release, because they think the cover is made to exploit the success of new albums by imitating their cover artwork. They also feel that this new release ridicules both past and present because something that was released in 1993 is now presented like it was released recently.

Anyways, you shouldn't feel bad about buying it. You actually bought the album, which is more than most people do nowadays. As for the content I've understood that the songs are the same ones as on the original pressing. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've seen a cover with Death walking towards us and a small child walking away from the camera, passing each other.

your not supporting the band when you buy this......this was made without their permission......I believe the "rights" to DODS have been compromised in some way......it is not an official Katatonia release.....and they get nothing from it.....it is a scam.....and has stupid artwork.....the band hates it....and I hate it.....

I say buy the original.....

Cerulean said:
He didn't know... can't blame him

oh no.....no blame at all......just making a general statement.......christ....at least he is buying stuff......most people are just Downloading it all.....so kudos for buying......just putting out the word on that CD in particular.....it is baaaaad...

i have read the thread that MadTinus linked and i have come to the conclusion that i will just re buy it, i will have to import like brave and discouraged but atleast that way im supporting the band. i might give this other copy to a friend or somthing like that.

Soundjunkie said:
i have read the thread that MadTinus linked and i have come to the conclusion that i will just re buy it, i will have to import like brave and discouraged but atleast that way im supporting the band. i might give this other copy to a friend or somthing like that.
OMG hi. I also live in Australia and have found it hard to find Katatonia cd’s. Where do you live? Have you got a limited edition copy of TGCD? I thought that Australia would only get the normal ones. But I found a limited edition copy at Utopia in Sydney. They’re pretty good. They had TD and LFDGD…

Well,thats shit when you buy something 'original' and don't support band with that...but I don't agree for the cover...cover is awesome...i have that picture on my mobile phone :)

Silent paragon said:
OMG hi. I also live in Australia and have found it hard to find Katatonia cd’s. Where do you live? Have you got a limited edition copy of TGCD? I thought that Australia would only get the normal ones. But I found a limited edition copy at Utopia in Sydney. They’re pretty good. They had TD and LFDGD…
yeah, i got the edition with the poster and the postcards. Found a copy at JB. I live in Brisbane, Queensland. i found TD, LFDGD, VE and the TGCD all at JB but no DO, BMD and only that stupid reissue of DODS. although there is a 2cd release i have seen around that has BMD and DO as one package. its slightly in the dodge factor tho.

doom_death said:
Well,thats shit when you buy something 'original' and don't support band with that...but I don't agree for the cover...cover is awesome...i have that picture on my mobile phone :)

My poo looks better than this cover.

Oh and Soundjunkie there should be more people like you, it's awesome that's you're willing to re-buy it.

Oh come on, the fact that it's an unsupported release doesn't automatically mean it's ugly, the image itself doesn't look bad at all I think, pretty cool even, it just shouldn't have been used for this purpose..