Question about lyrics...?

I just bought Battle Metal album and while I looked at the lyrics, I noticed something strange in Sahti-Waari: There are the part where they supposed to sing: Nyt täyttyy mahlainen malja etc. WHERE THE HELL DO THEY SING THAT? Or if they don't, why put such lyrics there then.

Answer fast, plz

Originally the idea was to have more vocals on the parts where you now hear the flute melody, but it worked better in the end without, leaving only the choir part.

I am actually surprised no-one noticed this before.

I was about to tell the threadstarter the exact time of the chanting, but I never paid much attention to the lyrics in the song tbh, because the instrumental parts are so great.

Hey guys, I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll post my question here. :] I was wondering about the translation of the Russian part in "In the court of Jarisleif" (it sounds like Russian, not sure though) and is it Nygård who sings it? I'm sorry if this has already been answered ... I coudn't find it :]

We used a step in singer for a couple of parts on the album - mainly for conceptual reasons - of which this "Russian" part is one. The other is the "Andrew Lloyd Webber" -part in Five Hundred And One. It's a guy called Antti Paranko, and he's credited in the liner notes. However, this is not Russian, but some pseudo-slavonic language we had him make up in the studio while we were helping him out in finding the right mood by doing cossack-dancing on the other side of the window. I wanted it to sound Slavonic without bearing through any clear message. Actually, if you listen carefully, you can hear something that sounds like "vodka" a couple of times in that short snippet, ...even if in a historical perspective this word and drink is obviously of a much more modern era.

Nygård;8109186 said:
We used a step in singer for a couple of parts on the album - mainly for conceptual reasons - of which this "Russian" part is one. The other is the "Andrew Lloyd Webber" -part in Five Hundred And One. It's a guy called Antti Paranko, and he's credited in the liner notes. However, this is not Russian, but some pseudo-slavonic language we had him make up in the studio while we were helping him out in finding the right mood by doing cossack-dancing on the other side of the window. I wanted it to sound Slavonic without bearing through any clear message. Actually, if you listen carefully, you can hear something that sounds like "vodka" a couple of times in that short snippet, ...even if in a historical perspective this word and drink is obviously of a much more modern era.

haha that's great :) I asume you do more or less the same during the "drunken Russian act" live?