Question for female metalheads

I have a love/hate relationship with girlie metal T's.
They are good when men's shirts only run in L or XL. I'm 5'10 and have a long torso, so the girlie shirts tend to expose a little of my stomach, or ride up tremendously. I just recently purchase an Opeth girlie shirt (size M) that is REALLY short. But their are some good girlie t's out there that do fit me properly.

BUT if a band had a t-shirt that runs in a mens small, I usually go with that. They fit looser than the standard girlie T and they are longer...which is good!

I like some of the designs on girlie t's, but I do agree that we are getting the shaft!! Except with Fear Factory, they came out with a few more girlie t's that Burton C. Bell designed himself, so they are cool.

I don't have boobs either. I'm a 6'4" skinny dude.

http://www.jsrdirect.com/index.asp?Group=ACD

That's an example of the opposite. The only two good shirts there are the two babydolls (I own the classic oval logo shirt but I like the ones without the oval around it much better). All of the normal shirts have way too much stuff on them.

The Greys said:
If I was a lady I would just walk around wearing a bra, panties & be like 'LOOK AT ME'

look at me i'm hawt!

Well yeah, because the only good thing about women are their genitals, right?

4882731_24bb3c397b_m.jpg

Woo hoo! My roommate just gave me free lipstick.

Girlie shirts don´t suck, band shirts suck...I really don´t like walking advertising stuff.
It´s ok when you go to a concert, but people that wear band shirts like outfit don´t have a taste in dressing.

I wear guy metal shirts....the girl ones suck ape balls. Besides, my husband and I can wear each other's metal tshirts then. I think he's tired of me stealing his Pantera shirt. :Spin:

Sucking ape balls... Nothing like it!

I used to wear my previous man's metal shirts, which worked out great because I'm a giant and he was some sort of dwarf so they fitted nicely. Plus I was less likely to get a beating wearing his Blood Duster t-shirt out on the town than he was :D.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Please decide whether you're going to use metric or English measurements.:loco:

imperial perhaps?

with respect to logos, i agree to a certain extent, as some shirts just look crap with big picutres splattered all over them. however, there are some shirts that are like that and look ok - e.g. the megadeth shirt, with the clockwork orange parody, the misfits die die my darling shirt (actually most of the misfits shirts rule) and a slayer one.

but there are some cool shirts out there with plain designs. i have logo only style of danzig and mayhem shirts. plus the one for at the gates - the red in the sky is ours, is also cool - which im yet to purchase due to the aforementioned size issues.

There's nothing better than chicks that are into metal which doesn't happen often unless you count the gothic ones that are into Slipknot and Korn. (which I don't) Sorry I know that's a little off topic.

VampyrRose said:
No, you were being childish.

Don't mind him, he's always trying to be witty and clever and failing at both.

And to be on topic...It does seem girls sort of get the shaft when it comes to t-shirts but I don't think it's all that bad seeing them wear smaller guys shirts. Contrary to popular belief your boobs and butt don't have to be accented by every piece of clothing you wear.

The thing that sort of irks me about Metal shirts is a lot of them are plastered with pentagrams and wearing them will get you shit from somebody in your family, friends, people you know, etc. I had somebody bitch about my Darkthrone shirt once for this sole reason.

Shirt sizes also vary. I usually order Large but I'm thinking of downgrading to a Medium because I don't like them to hang off too much. Only problem is that I've gotten larges that would probably compare to an XL and others that felt like I was wearing a small. Nuts and bolts are standardized, it's time to do the same for t-shirts.

I tend to have more respect for females that listen to metal, regardless of what genre it is...I have a female friend who I think just wears small guys' shirts.

Myself, I usually wear L or in one case XL. I find they tend to be smaller than the size may indicate. I've got 4 t-shirts: Gorgoroth, 2 Dark funeral, Dimmu Borgir. I'm very picky as to what shirts I buy, a lot of them are rather stupid looking.

Fredy_Brown said:
Girlie shirts don´t suck, band shirts suck...I really don´t like walking advertising stuff.
It´s ok when you go to a concert, but people that wear band shirts like outfit don´t have a taste in dressing.

In a way I think band t-shirts is a way to start meet friends and start a band because your kind of making a statement about what kind of music you like. And please don't tell me you dress preppy.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
In a way I think band t-shirts is a way to start meet friends and start a band because your kind of making a statement about what kind of music you like. And please don't tell me you dress preppy.

I agree fully. It's always cool to see which people recognize the bands on your shirt. Sometimes it's very surprising.

I had one person recognize my Vargnatt Ulver shirt, which was weird, but glad to know there's more fans down here.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
I dress more preppy than music that I listen to is :)
I don´t see any reason why to dress in a metal way when I listen to the metal...I used to, but I found it useless + I think you shoud have a good taste not just in music, but in literature, movies or dressing too and metal clothes are quality and look stereotype. + wearing black only is stereotypical too.
Hmm and about those friends, I know that lot of metalheads have friend in metal crowds only, that´s bad, people might not judge people by music taste. When I used to dressed in a metal way, I was isolated from "normal looking" people, which sucked, cause I found lot of good persons among them.