Question for gamers...

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Which is better, a PS2 or an X-Box?

We're looking to primarily play shoot-em-up war games, and the LOTR games...

Please advise! :)

You cant go wrong either way really :) Most games come out on both platforms, usually the XBox version is superior in graphics and frame rate, but unless you are a total tech head it really wont matter :)

The XBox will have more shooters in the vein of Halo because they can put PC games onto XBox with little difficulty, and theres loads of pc shooters getting copied across, also the XBox has far more sports games, and the PS2 seems to have more of the platformy games like Tomb Raider, Ratchet And Clank, Jax And Daxter and some other ones I cant remember at the moment :)

But the XBox also has discs you can.. "acquire" that have emulators on them so you could get the entire library of the Super Nintendo on one cd and play them all, or the Playstation, or Megadrive etc. Arcade games too, its cool.

Or copy games, movies and albums straight to the Xbox HD.
There will eventually be a hack allowing you to playstation 2 games from the Xbox HD too, it's just a matter of time.

I dont know if that will be possible Sydo, the PS2 tech is really different to the XBox, even though the Xbox is more powerful, they might get stuff running (barely), but it will be nowhere near the quality of the actual PS2...

But we can still play Arcade, PS1, Super Nintendo, Megadrive, Master System, NES, Atari and others, all for free Mwahahahaha!

We have ps2 and Lord Of The Rings is one of the games we have! It is pretty good from what customers have told me in the shop I work out when I was trying to figure your same prediciment out myself I was advised if all I want to do is play games and watch movies and not much into technical crap happening fast then get PS2.Xbox is going to eventually replace the pc.....but at the mon=ment PS2 is the only one you can plug into your phone line and play against or with other friends in your area who have the same console and games.
I would advise on your 1st posting to get PS2.

It really depends what you are after. I prefer PS2s over XBOXs, because they are an allround better console for gaming, but if you want it for something specific, like playing shoot-em-ups online, then an XBOX may be better. There is plenty of things to take into account though. If you want to build up a library of games, then I would advise against the XBOX, as there is not near as many top quality games, and not as big a range as the PS2. If you want to play platform games, that is another issue, as there is not as many on the XBOX. Actually, the Gamecube is definately the superior console for platformers, but it is the weakest console for first person shooters, so that probably counts it out.

All in all, I would go for the PS2, as I said, it is just an allround better console IMO.

Isn't it about time you and Playstation settled down and started to think about kids? You're not getting any younger you know..