Question for musicians here

At www.opeth.com you can find a list of equipment from the first 4 albums, but i dont think theyll give away what they set their knobs and dials on their equipment too, unless your talking about guitar tunning i think its just standered...sometimes stuff sounds better when you play it dropping the E to D like the intro to night and silent water

Everything Opeth has ever done has been in standard E tuning with six string guitars(this makes things much easier when trying to learn a song). I read an interview where Mikael said he doesn't like using alternate tunings, he doesn't think that they are necessary.

Originally posted by Alucard
I read an interview where Mikael said he doesn't like using alternate tunings, he doesn't think that they are necessary.

Yeah and something to the effect of "the guitar was designed to be played in E tuning, so why should you change it?"

:)

Demon of the Fall IS in D....because you can't transpose that song to the higher D without it sounding silly...and concerning them changing guitars, they wouldn't need to....one simple twist puts you in dropped....and also Demon of the Fall was the closing song.......the closing song in my band's set is in dropped D as well...it's not hard to tune down to dropped D without people noticing

Demon of the fall is in drop D and also Blackwater Park.

Hmm, at the moment I'm a drunk Finn, so excuse me, but what's the difference between a "D tuning" and the "drop D tuning"?

:heh: :lol:

(no, don't answer)