Question for someone who has seen AA on this tour

Jeffwee

New Metal Member
Oct 2, 2008
Greetings from New York my brothers:headbang:

I'm considering making the trip out to Massachusetts to see the 10/18 show @ the Palladium.

The show is listed at 7pm, and has the standard 3 openers: Ensiferum, Belphegor, and The Absence.

I was just wanting to know about what time Amon Amarth actually took the stage at previous shows? Maybe 2.5 hours (so in my case 9:30pm?) Give or take? I just saw Children of Bodom last night here in Rochester and they took the stage at 9:30 for a 7pm show after only 2 openers.

The reason I ask is my preferred method of transport would be the train. There is a train stop literally 1 block away from the Palladium in Worcester, I could be from my train car to the show in 5 minutes on foot. And the daily train stop in Worcester is listed at 8:16pm. (1 hour 16 mins after the listed showtime) So assuming my train is running on schedule I could be in the pit by 8:30pm, 1.5 hours after the listed showtime.

Would I run a serious risk of missing or being late for Amon Amarth's set?

I apologize to the faithful fans of the aforementioned 3 openers. But I'de be looking to save an easy 100 dollars on gas :cry:

In San Francisco the show started at 8 and they went on a little after 10:30 I think, so it was 2.5 hours between the show starting and amon amarth coming on.

edit: that is with all 3 opening bands playing

Awesome. I'll book my tickets tonight, can't wait.

Thanks much for all the speedy replies

In Seattle, the other bands started later, so AA went on at 10:20 roughly. In Vancouver they were on at 9:20, with the other bands opening at 7 I think. Doors opened at 6, and the band did a meet and greet for the fans before the other bands came on, which is why I don't remember exactly when they started playing. The signing session lasted 30 mins, anyways, becasue I know Johan, my husband and I went for dinner by 6:45.

If it's anything like most Palladium shows, they'll have us standing there forever in between sets anyway. I wouldn't worry about making it on time for Amon Amarth.

Dude.. i think your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

Quite possibly.

Someone around here said they were going to invent a font that clearly conveys sarcasm across the internet. When he or she succeeds I will find myself personally indebted to them for all eternity.