Question for Vintersorg

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
I love your keyboard and synthesizer work, especially on the new Cronian. I was wondering, what have you done to learn how to play in this way and do you have any tips or advice for keyboardists in training?

Thanks! :kickass:

V for Vendetta!

I have a question too. What do you suggest a beginner buy who wants something with decent sounding synths, something that's affordable, and that I could use to record with, without symphonic stuff sounding super fake.

karpsmom said:
I have a question too. What do you suggest a beginner buy who wants something with decent sounding synths, something that's affordable, and that I could use to record with, without symphonic stuff sounding super fake.
Well I'm not Vintersorg... still awaiting his answer... but I can tell you I have a Casio WK-3200 or something. It has synths plus normal orchestral instruments. Sounds good. Has effects in the keyboard that you can customize, but I usually turn them off and edit the sound in the computer for effects. Check it out maybe, it's not too expensive... good bang for the buck.

But yeaaah.... maybe wait for V's answer, he probably knows best. :-o
*lays down*

karpsmom said:

I've learnt by playing..I'm not that good though. But I know how to create the part I want.

And for the 2nd question of the thread: It's a lot of synts out there, software and hardware that sounds great, it's hard to point in a specific direction.

mr V

Well what do you use most of the time V? For instance, what did you use for "Prologue Dialogue - The Reason" and "Curtains", that stuff sounds really good!

Oinkness: I'll look into it, thanks!

Vintersorg said:
I've learnt by playing..I'm not that good though. But I know how to create the part I want.

And for the 2nd question of the thread: It's a lot of synts out there, software and hardware that sounds great, it's hard to point in a specific direction.

mr V
Awww thanks for your reply. I thought there was some big secret about learning the keyboards, I've been learning some parts to my songs just by matching the sound from the computer to the keyboard.... Well thanks man!! I am impressed even more now. :)

karpsmom said:

Hit the local music stores. Or, you can even find something decent at a Best Buy (hard as that may be to believe).

The best thing about today's synthesizers is the price continues to go down, so you can pick up a full weighted 88-key keyboard with decent, realistic sounds already built in for less than $1000. Also, with a pair of MIDI cables and some way to connect to your computer, you can easily control more sounds and record direct to your computer.

Here's some more information:

Things to look for:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...yRep=cat03000&guideID=1109233678473&type=page

What I'm looking at:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat03109&id=1087342120450
It's kind of limited on built-in tones, but it sounds good and the keys are weighted, if I remember correctly. Besides, I already have more software, so I'm not worried about the lack of sounds.

karpsmom said:
Well what do you use most of the time V? For instance, what did you use for "Prologue Dialogue - The Reason" and "Curtains", that stuff sounds really good!

Oinkness: I'll look into it, thanks!

I can't remeber specificly as it was some years and some albums agos. I think it was a combination of both hardware Alesis stuff and several different sofware sample libraries.

mr V

borknagar and Vintersorg are the ambient and suffering songs becouse this ar asynht grat but i liked so much OTYg a great work of a musician.... and Vintersorg... Vinterson are good?