Question regarding scores/tabs

heheh.

oh, so I just investigated bookbinding costs, and it's a fuck of a lot. Also I looked up how to bind at home and it's really really easy. So I think I want to try self-printing and binding a few copies first.

I read a cool article about a company that makes home-binding equipment recently.

home-binding also equals unique copies and possible hand numbering for superduper collector value.

I think it's as simple as folding sheets of paper in half and stapling them along the crease, with a sheet of stiffer stuff for a cover. Then you can print it with great art on a regular printer and do as much hand stuff as you want, and keep the price down to a few bucks.

I would definately buy one for each album. You should also try and add a bunch of original artwork to them, so they are more than just tab/score books and more like a collectors item.

I think unless it was a full score it would be cheapened... I don't know why. Also this idea seriously intrigues the fuzzook out of me considering how much your compositions well... for lack of a better word rule. Yes.. yes please.

Brandon

BTW I am a guitarist... just wanted to clarify as I requested the full score. It took you five hours? Holy shitzor. Uhmm... did you transcribe it as well as tab or just tab it? Also I can understand that as it takes forever in a guitar program or Finale/Sibelius. Let me mention I strongly dislike transcription.. maybe because I'm so bad at it.. and I have to transcribe a Cannonball Adderley solo soon. Dammit.

Also... man this would be a MASSIVE project I think.

Brandon

that's more like it!

actually, this whole idea sounds awesome to me. i agree the full score thing would be best but i would love to help out with tabbing things that we want tabbed to go along with it.

if you want my help.