Question regarding scores/tabs

I would definitely pay good money for a full score transcription of CotE. Also, I'd be ecstatic if it had some form of liner-note commentary describing what the idea was behind a section, or how it was accomplished, or just general comments or asides. I'm totally fascinated with the creative process, where artists get their ideas from, and how they execute them, so any kind of commentary would be almost as big a selling point as the transcription for me.

you know, i never really liked learning other people's music, but when i started out, i had a piano book of led zeppelin stuff (birthday present), so i learned a lot of interesting ways to think about playing from mixing the music score and the guitar tabbed chords. maybe doing this will inspire people to think differently about playing (outside the box) and get them to push their boundaries.

Hey, I might be a little late jumping in here and though I strongly doubt my input will help tip the scales one way or the other, I'd like to iterate my support of FuSoYa's idea. I'd definitely pay what it takes to get my hands on a collector-grade full-scale transcription book. I'd also like to add that the different ideas that were brought forth ITT aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

I know it's rather unrealistic, but you don't know how happy it would make me to see full scores for the Maudlin and Kayo Dot stuff. I always imagined the music as lending itself to a more classical manuscript, with transcriptions of all that is going on, instead of "yeah, dude lets learn all the solos!" I guess mostly because the fact that all of the small things are what really makes the music on those albums. Also it would be really cool to keep tabs out of the book, but that would get rid of a lot of possible purchases.

My mother works for a printing company, I'm really unsure as to what sort of process you would go into. But if you had some concrete ideas, I could ask her, and see what she says, maybe I can even go through the system and get it done cheap, heh. Distance is always a difficulty though...

Good luck Toby, I realllly look forward to possibly seeing something like this in the future. No matter what ends up happening, I'll buy it. I also like the treasure map idea : D

Excuse the late reply, I just noticed that...

So what's the word on this? I'll gladly pay at least $20 for a CoTE songbook, whether it be a full score or just guitar. Artwork would be cool, but I'm not expecting it, I'm sure you guys have more than enough on your plates. My priority is just to learn your truly unique tunes, I don't need any fancy collector's items. You could staple index cards together, and if it has tablature/sheet music on it, I'll buy it.

So what's the word on this? I'll gladly pay at least $20 for a CoTE songbook, whether it be a full score or just guitar. Artwork would be cool, but I'm not expecting it, I'm sure you guys have more than enough on your plates. My priority is just to learn your truly unique tunes, I don't need any fancy collector's items. You could staple index cards together, and if it has tablature/sheet music on it, I'll buy it.
I'll pay that for a stack of papers stapled together

I'd definately buy any motw/kd scores/tabs you decide to make, if you do decide to entertain this thought again...

FuSoYa, wtpc you'd be willing to exchange any already existing violin scores for some of the ol dead prez green toilet paper, a lovingly made painting, some compacted molars, or w/e?

[post no. 93 in this thread]