Question regarding scores/tabs

My $.02

I would buy this mostly as a collectors item, therefore I would rather have it without the tablature. And I did that binding stuff in high school. It's really easy. You just clamp the pages down and slap some glue on the pages. And the glue does matter cuz some of it's for tablets where the pages are supposed to come off.

Sorry man a buddy dropped by and I ran with him to the cafeteria. As for soloing.. I don't know man. I kind of wish I NEVER would have gotten into the whole shredding thing. My main teacher for years was the nicest fellow who graduated from Berklee... was a DiMeola/Gilbert FREAK! and played in Stryper when Oz Fox and Mike Sweet (or whatever his name is) left the band.

Anyways.. I liked jazz before coming to UNT which is the number one public music school in the US. Being here though has made me LOVE live jazz. It's insane here. I can't really explain it... other then the first guitar departmental we had two of the teachers did a concert and when they played Cherokee one of the guys just BURNED it. I've never seen a typical "shredder" play lines like that... improvised... and swing. I don't know. I apologize for not being able to explain it but in my mind there is so much more to it. Of course look at Greg Howe... he in my mind is one the best electric players because of the fact that he can play over anything. He hits the changes like crazy and swings 16ths at like 200bpm... which I expect normally from sax players.

Speaking of sax players... wow some can do some amazing things.

I know I rambled and made no sense but heh if you want to talk about anything man I'm down. I'm not that great of a player but I love it for the most part. Unforunately I HATE all the classes I am taking and have decided not to major in music... I am considering a minor.

Can't help you on Buffy and if you want to talk to Maiden I can get my little bro on here. Good times.

Brandon

Woah1!!one1!11! I'd definately buy motW sheet music, whatever form it's in. These are my hopes:

- Full Score (I don't know whether this would be the best financial approach, but this'd make me so pumped that I'd kick my mom in the face!)

- Quality Production (I'd pay a considerable amount for it)

- Solos included (Or, the planned, prewritten parts)

If this was released, I'd try and get a group together to learn something from it (perhaps Girl With a Watering Can) to perform for Music A Level.

Wow. This is a b0nertastic idea. Please do this!

Hell we could even go so far as to notating what effects to use and to what degree, and what equipment, etc etc.

Although maybe not because I wouldn't necessarily say the gear we used was the 'ideal' for these pieces.

at times we used a yamaha 5 string, and at others a yamaha 4 string. I honestly couldn't tell you the model numbers or anything. Also the upright stuff was played on this metal-body beast that Adam (Killswitch Engage) owns and was keeping at the studio.

I probably would buy one for collector purposes.

I have done a bunch desktop publishing in the past so if you need any help doing some of that let me know. Quark Xpress here we come! :)

this is indeed a fantastic idea. i agree the different models (cheap-0 tab and a nicely possibly bound full score) would be helpful- some people really just want the tab to try and play it, and some non-musicians (and musicians) would definitely be into the collectible aspect of the full bound score. really, you should get paid for the time it takes to transcribe; i (moreso than greg i'm sure) am ultra slow at it. so putting them online for free would sort of be shooting yourselves in the foot. this is a great way to make something back from the time it took to create and transcribe what you guys do best- the music- rather than just whip out some multi-colored long sleeves and sell them at $35 to try and make a buck.
i agree with avi that this is a great, unique merch item, and the more individual or artistic you can make it the better.

at one time, an artist friend was thinking of creating individual covers for demos to give to people. it may be more daunting for the level of interest you guys will probably have, but if the price needs to be higher to cover it, i bet many would still go for it ($40-50 is not out of sorts if it's really cool and has neat0 notes and stuff- especially when you consider some people pay $25 for a t-shirt).

also, this is especially good for your music, as i highly doubt many people would be interested in a full score of (insert joe average death metal band name here).

I despise learning songs from my favourite bands because it ruins the music for me. I like to keep a bit of magic in music. The only songs i ever learn that aren't my own are little classical pieces or similar that can be played entirely on one guitar.

It is a nice idea though, i'd probably buy it so that on odd occasion where i'm trying to do something and im struggling, then i could use it as a reference (which is how i tend to operate with theory or anything, use it only as a push in the right direction but mostly learn for myself).

Oh, and if it were only guitar i would not buy it. But that's probably just me, because at the moment i'm most interested in compositions across many instruments and how they all interact.

Personally, I'm mostly interested in guitar tabs. The score for other instuments would be a minor bonus (maybe I'll learn crappy keyboard versions of them with my atrophied piano skills), and side notes, art, and such would be great. But really, as long as I can learn some songs from tabs, I'll buy it (eventually).