Questions about live legends dvd

Nov 27, 2005
Reading, UK
Im considering buying it, since its a fiver on ebay new.
Just wondering, how big is the venue, do they have many stage props, are there a lot of people, and whats it like compared to thier other dvds like live innocence and wacken?

I just need to know if its worth buying

Bosnian Witchfinder said:
Just wondering, how big is the venue, do they have many stage props, are there a lot of people, and whats it like compared to thier other dvds like live innocence and wacken?

You mean Rock Legends DVD? It's incredible I think. Good atmosphere since it's rather small indoors concert. As usualy, Biff is telling some jokes and stuff every now and then... every band member puts full 100% on the stage. Drums are excellent, bass is good, Biff is good... It's incredible DVD. It's a bit hmm.. short. 16 songs, but still I think it's a bit short. But it's the best DVD I've ever seen (I now have all Priest DVD's, some Metallica and Maiden DVDs as well as Chronicles DVD by Saxon..). But hey, it's just me.

Redman said:
You mean Rock Legends DVD? It's incredible I think. Good atmosphere since it's rather small indoors concert. As usualy, Biff is telling some jokes and stuff every now and then... every band member puts full 100% on the stage. Drums are excellent, bass is good, Biff is good... It's incredible DVD. It's a bit hmm.. short. 16 songs, but still I think it's a bit short. But it's the best DVD I've ever seen (I now have all Priest DVD's, some Metallica and Maiden DVDs as well as Chronicles DVD by Saxon..). But hey, it's just me.

I wouldn't' say it's the best I've even see but yeah, it's VERY good :headbang: I have most all of Maiden and Priests stuff and Maiden's RIR would be totally kick ass if it wasn't for the many camera angles and the moving from one view to the other so quickly would give you headaches :lol:

I have a Maiden bootleg from last yr( Gothenburg Sweden) that blows away RIR away.

I have Priest's Live In London which, imo is great. Rush's RIR rules too as does Led Zeppelin's Song Remains The Same. Do you have the new Priest dvd RITE? (Rising In The East) that one os good too.

I there there are too many great dvds out there from various bands and like I said, Saxon's is good too but wouldnt say it's the best just because I post on their board you know?

I've got a few Saxon pics from 02 I should post come to think of it:cool:

You can't go wrong with it, I have both the classic rock DVD version and I have the VHS version same show just different titles the vhs version say's "Greatest hits Live in Nottingham" and the classic rock says "Saxon live"

From what I can tell I think it was filmed during the Destiny tour however, I may be wrong because they play "Ride like the Wind" and they do a pretty damn good version of it

Seems to be a pretty straight forward performance no props except for the Eagle, it would have been nice to have been there

Overall it:kickass: :kickass:

Bosnian Witchfinder said:

Golden_Goose said:
I wouldn't' say it's the best I've even see but yeah, it's VERY good :headbang: I have most all of Maiden and Priests stuff and Maiden's RIR would be totally kick ass if it wasn't for the many camera angles and the moving from one view to the other so quickly would give you headaches :lol:

I have a Maiden bootleg from last yr( Gothenburg Sweden) that blows away RIR away.

I have Priest's Live In London which, imo is great. Rush's RIR rules too as does Led Zeppelin's Song Remains The Same. Do you have the new Priest dvd RITE? (Rising In The East) that one os good too.

I there there are too many great dvds out there from various bands and like I said, Saxon's is good too but wouldnt say it's the best just because I post on their board you know?

I've got a few Saxon pics from 02 I should post come to think of it:cool:

Yeah well, like I said, I just like it. Some people like huge concerts with tons of nice effects and stuff, but Wacken concert just didn't have any atmosphere IMO, but this concert in Rock Legends had. I didn't say that this DVD was the best only because Saxon is one of my favourite bands, but because I really like it that much. The only DVD that comes even near is Live Vengeance '82 :)

I don't have Live in London though I have seen it and didn't like it (surprise). I'm not really a fan of Ripper. Don't hate him but don't like his voice either. What comes to the new DVD, didn't like it much either. Not to mention that I have problems with hearing Glenn's guitar, balance is wrong I think.

ive hAd it a few years, and for some reason its my fave live dvd. maybe because the venue is small , and so intimate that u feel like your actually there? i dont know? And because its a small crowd, Biff seems more relaxed , as opposed to the wacken show where he's sporting his METAL face to win over the festival crowd.
This dvd has a performance of Frozen Rainbow that is completely over the top - absolutely killer. my only complaint?? none really, its not in 5.1, but the sound is still decent

knock it back

Redman said:
Yeah well, like I said, I just like it. Some people like huge concerts with tons of nice effects and stuff, but Wacken concert just didn't have any atmosphere IMO, but this concert in Rock Legends had. I didn't say that this DVD was the best only because Saxon is one of my favourite bands, but because I really like it that much. The only DVD that comes even near is Live Vengeance '82 :)

I don't have Live in London though I have seen it and didn't like it (surprise). I'm not really a fan of Ripper. Don't hate him but don't like his voice either. What comes to the new DVD, didn't like it much either. Not to mention that I have problems with hearing Glenn's guitar, balance is wrong I think.

I thought you might have taken the fact that you post on the board here as to why you liked it best. I didn't mean to say you're a "homer" if you will (homer being a fan of a band or team regardless or what they put out) and while I'm a HUGE Maiden fan, they've put out some garbage imo like the cd NPFTD and Virtual 11 which I think stinks :zombie:

I don't think Saxon has the money to put on a bigtime concert like Priest or Maiden and to be honest, they don't have many dvds out anyway but they do rock for sure:headbang:

I'm not really a fan of big venues because you loose the intimacy you'd get with the band if they played a smaller club. I've seen Maiden play MSG and all other big venues but I've also seen them play a club holding only 500 people when they toured with Blaze for X-Factor and it was one of the best shows I've seen. I've also seen Saxon over here in a small club that there might have been 75 people tops and that too kicked ass.

I think Ripper did a decent job with Priest and like Glenn said, "Ripper kept us going and kept us fresh and out in the public's eye" but Rob id the only frontman for Priest anyway. I love the production of LIL and the sound is great along with Ripper:cool: what I never liked about Ripper was his stage presence or lack of one and the thrusting of the arm and wearing that hat I could do without :lol: