Questions

Mustang

The Edge
Sep 15, 2006
Tremont, IL
www.eternity-x.com
Hello,
Yes I'm new to this forum. So I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer for me.

1. How does the selection process work? Such as do you have bands send in demo's or do you come to the band?
2. Where exactly is Mokena IL in reference to Chicago?
3. How much are tickets?

Thanks!

Hello,
Yes I'm new to this forum. So I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer for me.

1. How does the selection process work? Such as do you have bands send in demo's or do you come to the band?
2. Where exactly is Mokena IL in reference to Chicago?
3. How much are tickets?

Thanks!

1. It's basically done by committee...Chris, John & myself. ;) Basically, these are always bands we would want to see ourselves. If we don't like the band or their music, they don't get invited. The only way a band who approaches us first has a chance to play is if we've considered them at one point or another prior...so please don't send demos. And probably the biggest factor in addition to us wanting to see them play is drawing power. We've been burned by overestimating bands' drawing power in past years, which is what's making this next one so hard to plan. We're keeping our fingers crossed though...hehe. Of course there's more to it than just that, but these are the major points.

2. Mokena is about 30 or so miles SW of Chicago...however, the venue is a stone's throw away from I80 & a Metra train station. Unofficially, it's the Chicago(land) Powerfest :p

3. Not exactly sure yet (though about 95% sure...hehe), but it'll definitely be cheaper than last year...and it won't be any more expensive than you'd expect to pay for a metal show (4-5 bands) at a venue like the House of Blues for example...if that helps at all. ;)