Questions

*Mari*

PAIN addicted
Feb 16, 2010
Suomi-Finland
Maybe they´ll answer some of these, maybe not...

First, where does the name "Pajas" come from?

Is it easy to work with Peter? Is he like a boss or is he just one of you?

Michael, Have you ever destroyed a guitar during the gig?

People always want autographs, what is the strangest thing you put your signature on?

Do you ever get pissed off at each other from being on tour and being stuck together for such long periods of time? If so how do you resolve such things?

Have you ever played a show TOTALLY sober?

More to come...

Yay! I found out, you are going to be in Tuska! See you there!

Mari

I can try and answer some of these as a "fan", maybe not 100% accurate but if it can give you an idea ;)
Is it easy to work with Peter? Is he like a boss or is he just one of you?

He is like a friend I would say, specially after having worked with him for at least a couple of years like the guys in the band now

Michael, Have you ever destroyed a guitar during the gig?

I don't know if he has, but I have a memory of Johan breaking his bass guitar a couple of years ago and throwing it into the pit (or something like that).
And Michael used to have a second guitar on tour with him in case the other one had a problem, it was exactly the same as the one his used on stage ;)

Do you ever get pissed off at each other from being on tour and being stuck together for such long periods of time? If so how do you resolve such things?

I think they do sometimes yeah, and to resolve it they might just get drunk :heh:

Have you ever played a show TOTALLY sober?

Yes, I really don't think they drink before a gig, sometimes with a hangover but not drunk

I agree with David, very interesting to read those answers. Now it seems like we don't have to be here and answer any more questions as we have our own secretary. Hopefully he/she can also learn how to do our autographs and do that for us as well :)

Pajas is the name of our bassplayer. Isn't that obvious? haha..

//Michael

Yeah, well I'm not really in French and I don't live in France any more but yeah.

and by the way, love your sentence under the nick :kickass: :kickass:

Thank you boys!

I have got one more question! Are you sure that the day in TUSKA is 2. July? Pain website says it is, but Tuska doesn´t say anything yet.... But I have to buy a Ticket!

hahahahaha pajas in spanish means... how to say this?... let me explain by some paint art:

2we9mps.jpg

:kickass:

1. Is there any possibility that you could drop Just Hate Me off your setlist? No offence, but I think it's one of the (very few) crappy songs.

2. Tuska being your only festival appearance this summer, can we expect something special?

3. Bloodbath is booked to Tuska also, any chance of Peter joining them on the stage for a song or two?

@Cfh,

1No it isn't. It's a good song
2No you can't
3No he won't

:p
Damn, being a secretary is easy :D

1. Is there any possibility that you could drop Just Hate Me off your setlist? No offence, but I think it's one of the (very few) crappy songs.

2. Tuska being your only festival appearance this summer, can we expect something special?

3. Bloodbath is booked to Tuska also, any chance of Peter joining them on the stage for a song or two?

@Cfh,

1No it isn't. It's a good song
2No you can't
3No he won't

:p
Damn, being a secretary is easy :D

Hello there!

Well...

1. Writing a setlist is never an easy task, and I think I can write a book on the subject. We usually write every setlist the same day as the show (unless on tour when we use the same setlist every night), trying to make every show interesting both for the audience and for our selves. But there are always a couple of rules and songs that more or less are untouchable, like the opening song, the last song, the last song before the encore, and so on. We’ve also learned what songs works best together so that the ending of one song fits into the intro of the next, etc. We’re also trying to cover all the albums. Peter is very keen on tempos and albums, that we don’t play two songs with the same tempo in a row and from the same album. Personally I try to concentrate on choosing songs that blend good together. Like the end of “Zombie Slam” mix perfectly in to the intro of “End of the line” and that the whole show has a good flow. Then we have the singles. The purpose of the singles is to promote the album, so if there’s any songs that “non PAIN-heads” would recognize it would be the singles. “Just hate me” is a single. “Same old song” is another. On top of all this factors that needs to be considered are “What’s the audience like tonight?”. Is it mostly girls with pink hair and mini skirts or mostly guys with Hypo t-shirts? Another one is the time issue. How much time do we have? How many songs can we fit? See what I mean with the talk about writing a book on the subject. I hope this was a satisfying answer for your question.

2. Every PAIN show is special :D No seriously, don’t expect anything special on Tuska. Count on it! :devil:

3. Bloodbath… I don’t know. Boozebath thou… I like! I might do the famous “David’s Special Ukrainian Striptease Deluxe” on stage when Hypocrisy plays. Michael: Have you erased that tape like I asked you to?

best

/David