Quick weekend demo that needs to be back with the band this week. HELP PLEASE :(

RichMinerva

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2009
this band came in to track this song over the weekend, and ive recently moved all my mixing etc to reaper as the cpu utilisation is a lot better than logic 9

however im fighting with this mix nonstop and i cant fathom what it could be though i know theres a lot needs working on :/

please set me in the right direction guys.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3320336/Andabide.mp3

The First thing that struck me is your bass, I found it too prominent around 80-120 (-2 to 3,5db) or compress the low end, it's really going bananas over here, also maybe get the Overheads a bit higher in volume and brightness, otherwise I think it's ok for the gender :)

What are you using for guitars? They seem to be missing some lower mids. Im listening on cheap headphones though so I may be completely off. And I think the guitars are in mono on the second one.

Not bad, the updated mix sounds pretty good. Maybe lower the guitars a tiny bit to make room for the vocals? Not much just a tad

The rhythm guitars are out of tune. Or is it just one guitar? It sounds really mono, much more so in the second mix...

Also some of the edits sound REALLY over-cut up and it sounds weird, but maybe that's what you were going for?

The guitars also sound really thin and fizzy. Could do with a bit more low end, as at the moment they sound crazily seperate from the bass.

The clean vocals sound like they have some chorus or something on them which makes them sound a bit weird, they also stand out MUCH more than the dirty vocals.

The cymbals all seem to cut off really quickly, maybe turn them up a little as well?

Snare could do with a little more high-end I'd say, as it sounds a bit boxy at the moment.

Love you though bro! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The rhythm guitars are out of tune. Or is it just one guitar? It sounds really mono, much more so in the second mix...

Also some of the edits sound REALLY over-cut up and it sounds weird, but maybe that's what you were going for?

The guitars also sound really thin and fizzy. Could do with a bit more low end, as at the moment they sound crazily seperate from the bass.

The clean vocals sound like they have some chorus or something on them which makes them sound a bit weird, they also stand out MUCH more than the dirty vocals.

The cymbals all seem to cut off really quickly, maybe turn them up a little as well?

Snare could do with a little more high-end I'd say, as it sounds a bit boxy at the moment.

Love you though bro! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sometimes i want you dead!

but i love you all the same ill work on these areas, i do hate the shit out of podfarm sometimes though as you get the odd player that literally makes it sound as if im smashing steel balls against a fucking draining board!