Quit?

Midwinter_melancholY said:
Nice analysis.

No I'm not afraid of following releases by Opeth. Band will be the first to feel when there's a burn out coming up. As it is now, that moment seems so far away.
Unless the band is Metallica, who STILL haven't realised.

I mean that was only a guess...I'm not ASSuming haha...I'm sure it'll be great because opeth has the credibility of releasing a great album everytime. One thing that I know won't break up the band right away, that I think people have mentioned above was that the addition of Per. Surely the next album will have more bench marking stuff for the band in terms of mellotrons, moog synthesizers, piano...maybe some electronica. We don't really know..

To be honest: I don't really care about it...
Opeth have done great music, they still make good music and when they want make money by doing music they are free to do that, even when they sell-out. In my opinion good musicians should have the right to earn as much money as they can.

affinityband said:
Opeth i feel have succeeded at the top of their game with their last album. I always crave to hear what Opeth have to do next, but this sort of desire has gone, with the recent release of 'Ghost Reveries'. Its like it would be very hard to out do themselves next time. Like Emperor had done with 'Prometheus...' and At the Gates 'Slaughter of the Soul'. i am not saying these are the best, or my favourite albums by these bands. but they certantly, musically, created the best albums they could put forward. i belive this with Opeths ghost reveries, It isnt my favourite album. But they have matured so much with this release and it will be hard to out do. I wouldnt want to see such a great band 'burn out'.
I think their best was with MAYH, after that it was just more of the same.

as a friend of mine so wisely put it "WHy the hell shouldn't they make as much money as they can?"
I think as long as the guys can make good music and continue to make enough money i'll like them
If they do sell-out....well we've got many great albums to listen to so we shouldn't moan about the "what ifs?" and the "maybe...."

yeah i would say that it would be very hard to out do themselves again but, as opeth tends to do the impossible by topping themselves time and time again, if not improve on one style changing there sound just a little bit to make it interesting.