Disapointed in Opeth setlists for this tour?

You can make a 9 minute song with chugga-chugga parts and a boring, repetitive riff to take up half of the song on an otherwise great album, and you can say it holds its own identity. That doesn't make it good.

what the fuck is the matter with you, its one of the best setlists ive seen Opeth do, spanning through several albums, all amazing songs, remember some GR songs would be hard to do live anyway with the loads of effects, christ dont complain, you get to see Opeth live without having to fly to another country, go kill yourself please

Im glad they only played 2 songs from GR... i wish they played something else instead of TGJ too.
I hope they won't play more than 2 GR songs when they come back to USA on february.

I would have liked to hear Dirge For November, but it was a great set list in SF, we got the Moor! :D

Baying of the Hounds - They should have made a better choice if they were going to play one from Ghost Reveries (GOP maybe?)
When - This was a good choice because I don't think they usually play it.
Bleak - It was pretty good. Good choice.
In My Time of Need - Good choice for the ballad song.
Grand Conjuration - Not my favorite stuido track, but it was MUCH better live.
Face of Melinda - The quiet parts weren't that great live but the heavy part was amazing when it kicked in.
Deliverance - It was too slow. If it was faster it would have been much better.
Blackwater Park - Until the first quiet part it was awesome, but just kind of boring after.
Demon of the Fall - Yeahhhhhh.

To tell the truth, I didn't really like the set list. I was REALLY disapointed without the Moor and any tracks from Orchid or Morningrise.

Include me in the list of people who are a little disappointed with the setlist. I don't know if it was the fact that I was in so much discomfort from standing in one spot for 3 hours or what, but I didn't enjoy my first Opeth concert (Worcester) as much as I thought I would. Considering they DID just release a new album, I think an additional song off of Ghost Reveries would make sense. If they still wanted to do a ballad-type song, I think "Isolation Years" instead of "In My Time of Need" would have made more sense. And I've never really been a huge fan of "Deliverance," neither the song or the album. But I would rather have heard "A Fair Judgement" off that album. No problem with "Bleak." But "Blackwater Park" just seemed to go on forever. A song like "Karma" really would have made my day. I just think the biggest problem I had is that I have a few favorite tracks off of each of their albums and aside from a few exceptions, none of those are really featured in this setlist.

naboo said:
Baying of the Hounds - They should have made a better choice if they were going to play one from Ghost Reveries (GOP maybe?)
When - This was a good choice because I don't think they usually play it.
Bleak - It was pretty good. Good choice.
In My Time of Need - Good choice for the ballad song.
Grand Conjuration - Not my favorite stuido track, but it was MUCH better live.
Face of Melinda - The quiet parts weren't that great live but the heavy part was amazing when it kicked in.
Deliverance - It was too slow. If it was faster it would have been much better.
Blackwater Park - Until the first quiet part it was awesome, but just kind of boring after.
Demon of the Fall - Yeahhhhhh.

To tell the truth, I didn't really like the set list. I was REALLY disapointed without the Moor and any tracks from Orchid or Morningrise.
Well they never play anything off Orchid or Morningrise, so prepare to be disappointed every time you see them. I thought the setlist was fine, I have some personal favorites that weren't played but I don't think they played any particularly bad songs or anything.

consider yourself lucky to see them play a long set. I saw them at Sounds of the Underground, and they only played 3 songs. I hope to see them when they come back.

Sickman said:
Include me in the list of people who are a little disappointed with the setlist. I don't know if it was the fact that I was in so much discomfort from standing in one spot for 3 hours or what, but I didn't enjoy my first Opeth concert (Worcester) as much as I thought I would. Considering they DID just release a new album, I think an additional song off of Ghost Reveries would make sense. If they still wanted to do a ballad-type song, I think "Isolation Years" instead of "In My Time of Need" would have made more sense. And I've never really been a huge fan of "Deliverance," neither the song or the album. But I would rather have heard "A Fair Judgement" off that album. No problem with "Bleak." But "Blackwater Park" just seemed to go on forever. A song like "Karma" really would have made my day. I just think the biggest problem I had is that I have a few favorite tracks off of each of their albums and aside from a few exceptions, none of those are really featured in this setlist.

thank you.:headbang:

dew said:
Well they never play anything off Orchid or Morningrise, so prepare to be disappointed every time you see them. I thought the setlist was fine, I have some personal favorites that weren't played but I don't think they played any particularly bad songs or anything.

Yeah, I'm still happy as hell that I got to see them though. I mean it's not a bad setlist when I really think about it and there are a few gems but I just love the really old stuff too much.

The set list was a tad on the weak side, yet they pulled off the songs very well and it was still a very enjoyable show.

any time Opeth plays...it is an experience.

but if they would add Funeral Portait, Twilight is My Robe, White Cluster to ANY setlist...it would be religious.

Donnie Darko said:
Id like to hear Harlequin Forest or Ghost of Perdition but I like the setlist alot. I like that they didnt overplay the new stuff like other bands do (In Flames).

Well, I do agree with this. A tad offtopic, I'm a fan of In Flames, mostly the old stuff but i like some RtR, but STYE is pretty shitty. Hearing them play 4 or 5 songs from that album at one show sucked. Now obviously comparing In Flames to Opeth music-wise isn't really a fair comparison, but the point still remains: don't overplay the new stuff.

I thought it was a great set when seeing them regardless that they did not play Demon of the Fall.

I'd make some changes though.

The Baying of The Hounds
April Ethereal
The Funeral Portrait
Master's Apprentices
Serenity Painted Death
Harlequin Forest
Deliverance
Blackwater Park

Reclusive Strike said:
Well, I do agree with this. A tad offtopic, I'm a fan of In Flames, mostly the old stuff but i like some RtR, but STYE is pretty shitty. Hearing them play 4 or 5 songs from that album at one show sucked. Now obviously comparing In Flames to Opeth music-wise isn't really a fair comparison, but the point still remains: don't overplay the new stuff.
Im not tryin to compare them musically. Im just sayin Opeth didnt overplay the new songs the way In Flames does.