Quotes Thread

"To think of these stars that you see overhead at night, these vast worlds which we can never reach. I would annex the planets if I could; I often think of that. It makes me sad to see them so clear and yet so far."

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."

"I contend that we are the first race in the world, and that the more of the world we inhabit the better it is for the human race...If there be a God, I think that what he would like me to do is paint as much of the map of Africa British Red as possible..."

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."

All by Cecil Rhodes

"When evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve."

"I'm not afraid of heights, I'm just afraid of falling from them."

"The real cynics are the ones who tell you that everything's gonna be all right."

- George Carlin

"To think of these stars that you see overhead at night, these vast worlds which we can never reach. I would annex the planets if I could; I often think of that. It makes me sad to see them so clear and yet so far."

"I contend that we are the first race in the world, and that the more of the world we inhabit the better it is for the human race...If there be a God, I think that what he would like me to do is paint as much of the map of Africa British Red as possible..."

All by Cecil Rhodes

"The Pope might be French, but Jesus is English!"
~some dude from A Knight's Tale; best part of that movie

Another great one:
oh yeah i can tell u about a band i see a few weeks back bruv

they are: The Mad Dog Sad Dog a local band thrash metal bruv

things were going well till the singer stuck his hand down the back of his pants and wiped it on my face

well i fuckin belted him from one end of the stage to the other

and do not worry he did not get up

and then my chick had a row with his chick so i belted her too

and do not worry she never got up

I logged into an old board games website I hadn't used in forever and apparently one of my favourite quotes circa 2002 was this. No idea who this particular dude was or where I copied the quote from:

"Life!... It's a cybernetic psychedic explosion of garishly illuminated images, sounds, smells, and feelings! I am skewed, warped, distorted, twisted, altered in such a way as to defy description. I am discomboomulated to the maximum intensity of a technorave, industrial force. I'M ALIVE, DAMN YOU, AND MY HEAD IS TWEAKED TO THE Nth POWER! My mind is swirling and pulsing with wreckless, exuberant abandon! Pounding and surging in a vortex of sensory overload! Euphoric insanity!!" - Cyprus Frost