Radiohead

Postulate

Have a nice day! :)
Jul 17, 2008
Got opinions on them? I have avoided them for a long time because I have seen alt rock as deviating from the torch-bearing of rock's legacy or whatever you want to call it. Ever since I was a kid my idols were Kansas, Styx, etc. so I saw stuff like Muse and Nirvana as not only breaking the tradition of good rock music but just being generally utter shit in their own right. (I still think they are)

But I listened to OK Computer and damn, I'm conflicted. I liked it. But it's so...whiny? Pretentious? I feel like I shouldn't like this music. But really, it shares so many elements with progressive rock/metal, including my favorite bands, Fates Warning and King Crimson (OK Computer and APSoG were released in the same year, and Thrak was released two years earlier I think). So yeah...I think I'm having a musical existential crisis. :Smug:

Anyway enough about that, what are your opinions on Radiohead? Good, shit, indifferent?

If you can't tell, I've had a lot of time on my hands these past couple weeks.

Don't like them. I learned one of their songs for my friend whos a drummer who wanted to play that song. Heard maybe 2 or 3 of their songs but nothing clicks with me.

I am interested in the textures and sounds that they create, but that doesn't always add up to a good song or even good music. As far as I am concerned, they have created a series of interesting moments but rarely do I feel the need to keep digging into their work.

I like Radiohead, but they're painfully over-popular.

You shouldn't be put off any band just because their popular, that said, im not a fan of Radiohead at all. I don't think their particually overrated, its just that i personally couldn't listen to a whole album, but maybe i should give their stuff another listen.

I love the Radiohead. I'm a fan of the British rock stuff that we see here in America. Radiohead, Coldplay, Muse - love the stuff.

Radiohead has a wonderful skill to create layers upon layers and just have them all flow together quite well. The sounds, the chemistry of the band, the droning vocals all flow well together for them. To be completely honest, OK Computer is probably one of my favorite albums from end to end. Each time I listen to it, I zone out and just enjoy the ride.

If you enjoy it, do it. There's nothing wrong with enjoying music.