Rammstein - Why so hated on these boards?

The Butt

The Admiral
Sep 10, 2007
The void.
I posted a Rammstein thread some time ago in the CoB Off-Topic sub-forums, and really only got a few serious responses. 70% of them were either "I like bands that aren't fucking gay" and "this band sucks shit", and other juvenile responses like that. One guy even quoted my opening sentence of that thread, as his way of calling me stupid. :rolleyes:

Just wondering why they're such a hated band on the UM boards. I know perfectly well that they're not the best band in the world, but I enjoy listening to them every once and awhile. I think they've got a unique style to them, and their songs are catchy as all hell.

Is that so fucking bad?

not metal
I beg to differ; they may not be the super kvlt black metal you're used to, but they're metal nonetheless. To say otherwise, is actually pretty ignorant.

But whatever.

Rammstein is Neu Deutsche Heute.

People who don't like them probably don't understand them. They think they're a joke or something. Not metal? Bullshit. Next you're going to tell me that Queensryche isn't metal, and that EyeHateGod isn't metal.

Nu-metal? That's idiotic. They don't sound remotely like any of the nu-metal bands. Not even close. Slayer is as nu-metal as Rammstein.

I actually do like Rammstein and I credit them for being the gateway band that got me into the so-called "tr00" metal scene. Static-X and Disturbed played a part too, but Rammstein helped me to appreciate foreign music, which is kind of a necessity if you're a metal head. I don't listen to them as much any more, and I don't really like their newer albums but I thought the first four full lengths were pretty good.

I always considered them industrial metal, but they've changed styles drastically since they started. For the most part, they're not well liked by some metal heads because they're not tr00, and probably because they're extremely mainstream by metal standards.

Also, it doesn't surprise me that people in the CoB forum would be immature. If you've ever read CoB's lyrics, you probably have a good idea why.
Rammstein is Neu Deutsche Heute.
:lol:
Do you even know what you just said? Neu Duetsche Heute? wtf are you saying
that means, new german today, which would make sense as" the new germany today
Deutsche Heute is also the name of the German language text book, which is what I thought he was referencing.

Oomph! and Megaherz play better rammstein-like stuff. I really only like sehnsucht, and half of reise, reise.

Is it really surprising that a non-Metal band continually forced onto the Metal crowd might not be all that popular in certain sectors?

Rammstein aren't very good, imo.
Not bad, though. I enjoy a few songs. Especially the song for the opening CG in Final Fantasy X. I don't have any problem with them. Buch Dich is hilarious.
Do you even know what you just said? Neu Duetsche Heute? wtf are you saying
that means, new german today, which would make sense as" the new germany today", perhaps?

He's just quoting wikipedia. But he misspelled it.
Wikipedia said:
The band is widely accepted as part of the Neue Deutsche Härte-scene
Wikipedia said:
The Neue Deutsche Härte (New German hardness) is a direction in hard rock/metal music that developed in Germany in the 1990s that was inspired by industrial metal/electronica sounds.
Sounds about right for Rammstein.

I have yet to hear one band, better at industrial than Rammstein. Although I have to point out I don't really like industrial.

I'd say Hanzel Und Gretyl are way better. Like Rammstein, they're a hybrid between industrial and metal, but they're just way better at what they do imo. Personally, I'm more into the EBM side of industrial anyway.

I actually do like Rammstein and I credit them for being the gateway band that got me into the so-called "tr00" metal scene. Static-X and Disturbed played a part too, but Rammstein helped me to appreciate foreign music, which is kind of a necessity if you're a metal head. I don't listen to them as much any more, and I don't really like their newer albums but I thought the first four full lengths were pretty good.

I always considered them industrial metal, but they've changed styles drastically since they started. For the most part, they're not well liked by some metal heads because they're not tr00, and probably because they're extremely mainstream by metal standards.

Also, it doesn't surprise me that people in the CoB forum would be immature. If you've ever read CoB's lyrics, you probably have a good idea why.

:lol:

Deutsche Heute is also the name of the German language text book, which is what I thought he was referencing.

Yes that's exactly what I was reffering to! We've already discussed on this board my lack of German skills. But the idea was right. I know German people who consider them to be that.

I posted a Rammstein thread some time ago in the CoB Off-Topic sub-forums, and really only got a few serious responses. 70% of them were either "I like bands that aren't fucking gay" and "this band sucks shit", and other juvenile responses like that. One guy even quoted my opening sentence of that thread, as his way of calling me stupid. :rolleyes:

Just wondering why they're such a hated band on the UM boards. I know perfectly well that they're not the best band in the world, but I enjoy listening to them every once and awhile. I think they've got a unique style to them, and their songs are catchy as all hell.

Is that so fucking bad?

I admit to liking a few Rammstein songs (even though apparently I'm some sort of "narrow-minded elitist"). They're not absolutely terrible in my opinion, although there are probably better bands playing in that style.

But the really pressing question is not the one you've asked. Rather, I'd like to know why you'd ask Children of Bodom fans for opinions about music. Maybe you yourself are a Children of Bodom fan. If so, then fuck you.

I don't mind them at all and have a fair amount of their stuff. I like the earlier stuff up to and including Mutter. I thought the last two full lengths were a bit boring and not nearly as memorable. I need to listen to them again.

Hanzel Und Gretyl are pretty good too. Megaherz is good, my favorite being "5".