Rammstein - Why so hated on these boards?

As a Rammstein fan for many years, I really don't see how they are metal. They've always been more or less industrial-based, and certainly a lot closer to a "rock" sound than anything metal. The band members were hardly influenced by any metal bands if any.

And as Necuratul pointed out, "heavy guitar" sound and aggression doesn't make a band 'metal' which is mainly why some people consider them to be metal.

You sure a very wordy poster, but you have no real substance to your post, you don't make any valid points. Even if what you say is true, you don't even persuade any one to believing your side. Anyway if all you need was "They're not Metal because they simply don't play Metal." To prove they aren't metal then all I need is They're Metal because they simply play Metal. To prove my point.

Fact is, I believe they play metal. I feel its kinda soft metal, but still metal.

You just did exactly what you accused him of.

Christ, if the country wasn't controlled by people who want a stupid populace, there would be mandatory classes in critical thinking.

Oh, and my opinion is that Rammstein sucks. Their style is one I harbor complete disinterest for, not because it isn't Metal, but because I find it boring. That they are associated with Metal bares some small level of correctness (certain guitar riffs, etc), but as said before, they're part of a domestic style that is something other than Metal.

You just did exactly what you accused him of.

Christ, if the country wasn't controlled by people who want a stupid populace, there would be mandatory classes in critical thinking.

No shit? That was the point jack ass, I was using his words against him. Wow talk about lack of critical thinking...

Especially the song for the opening CG in Final Fantasy X.

That song was played by the people in charge of the FFX soundtrack (Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, Junya Nakano) with the vocals of Bill Muir, vocalist of a Japanese hardcore band called xtillidiex. That song sounds nothing like Rammstein.

As for my personal opinion of the band, I think they're decent, but I rarely listen to any of their albums. I'm a big fan of Mutter, though.

Rammstein is somewhere between industrial, hard rock, and metal. They have strong metal influences. I wouldn't really call them metal, but i wouldn't freak out if someone called them metal.

That song was played by the people in charge of the FFX soundtrack (Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, Junya Nakano) with the vocals of Bill Muir, vocalist of a Japanese hardcore band called xtillidiex. That song sounds nothing like Rammstein.

As for my personal opinion of the band, I think they're decent, but I rarely listen to any of their albums. I'm a big fan of Mutter, though.

I've seen online multiple times that it was Rammstein...idk. It sounds like it could be them...
I dunno. That song isn't even that great, just went really well with the CG.

No shit? That was the point jack ass, I was using his words against him. Wow talk about lack of critical thinking...

I was talking about your second paragraph. Then again, considering the illegible way you word your sentences, perhaps you meant something entirely different.

I've seen online multiple times that it was Rammstein...idk. It sounds like it could be them...
I dunno. That song isn't even that great, just went really well with the CG.

It's not. I own the original, four-disc soundtrack and Rammstein's name is not listed anywhere, whereas the song's credits say "vocals by Bill "xtillidiex" Muir.

Sorry, I'm pretty fervent about FF topics.

Ah. Ok. Cool.
I dig FF too (obviously). And the topic of the thread has pretty much devolved into pointless bickering.

I was talking about your second paragraph. Then again, considering the illegible way you word your sentences, perhaps you meant something entirely different.

Well, that is fine if you don't like my writing style. Not everyone is gifted at writing. Anyways I have to say it's pretty easy to understand what I am saying in my second paragraph. To restate it, I was simply pointing out that if you think Rammstein is metal or not metal, that, that is just your opinion. And that opinions are not wrong.

I don't see how that was so confusing...

Can't say I understand any of the points some have attempted to make about Rammstein not being metal. They have outside influences? So do most metal bands. The influences don't make the band, the music they actually make does. Black Sabbath had exactly zero metal influences. Ever hear of power metal, guys? Those bands use synths and samples just the same as Rammstein. I'd be willing to believe Rammstein wasn't metal if you also don't consider Blind Guardian and DragonForce metal.

Don't ever put Blind Guardian and DragonForce together. (Even though I don't mind them that much)
@SouthernTrendkill
*edit* Ninja'd!

Don't know enough about them to say. I remember there was a big infatuation with them when I was in middle school, but they pretty much died away after that. I never got into them.

I wouldn't consider them to be 100% metal due to the many existing hard rock riffs. There are however some songs by Rammstein that are clearly metal with metal elements.

Anyone with some actual musical perspective (i.e. anyone who doesn't listen pretty much exclusively to metal and doesn't think that any music that sounds heavy is automatically metal) can see that Rammstein at its core is not a metal band. They sport some metal influences but that's about it. They play a blend of rock and industrial.

I like them okay personally, but they clearly borrow more than a little from Laibach. They basically took Laibach's aesthetics and molded them into something more suitable for the mainstream music market (by being catchier, much more straightforward and less politically subversive).

In the end though, it's all irrelevant because your real problem started here:

I posted [something] in the CoB Off-Topic sub-forums

If there is one forum on UM that needs to be nuked from orbit it's that one.