Random music news thread

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
I thought it might be an idea to have a thread for music news snippets that might not justify their own thread. I'll start with a couple of things I read in magazines recently, which may well be old news.

Rage Against The Machine have apparently reformed. Anyone a fan?

Vinnie Paul has a new band, which is excellent news for the great man.

I watched an Audioslave concert the other day and Chris Cornell singing Testify was just wrong.... Don't get me wrong, I love Cornell's voice... Like, I seriously love it... But he ain't no white rapper!

HELLYEAH aren't to bad from what I have actually heard, but that is only one or two songs, as for the RATM thing, I thought it was more just a few shows they were doing, not a really big reformation, like album/tour type stuff, be good if they did though, always loved RATM

Well we are still married! Apparently we have totally ossum tickets for both shows. I'll have to give Megadeth a miss though. Probably just aswell as these 4 tickets cost us £160!!! WTF??? I'll get half that back from work, so it's not all bad I guess, but gee, prices these days...

RATM are booked for 4 shows, and have said a big tour isn't in the works and that they aren't likely doing anymore shows in 07, BUT, they haven't denied doing a new album, so maybe that is the plan. I don't imagine they would get together and jam to get ready for 4 shows, and then have nothing come of it.

I see that Matt Barlow has decided to stop just being a gaybo defender of the peace, and has joined another metal band:

"As of April 13, 2007, Matt Barlow is the new lead singer of Danish progressive power metal band Pyramaze. He is the replacement for the vocalist Lance King. The band is currently working on an album to be released sometime in 2008."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Barlow

I think that would make Spawn rather happy.

yeah im with ya

GUNS N' ROSES Cancels South African, Australian Dates - Apr. 20, 2007

According to South Africa's Tonight, GUNS N' ROSES have cancelled their appearance at the My Coke Fest music festival taking place in Johannesburg and Cape Town on April 27 and May 1.

GUNS N' ROSES have announced that they have postponed the start of their world tour due to an injury to bassist Tommy Stinson.

Stinson recently sprained his left wrist in a fall and the injury has not yet healed. As a result, GUNS N' ROSES will not make their two scheduled performances at My Coke Fest in South Africa at the end of the month. All other scheduled GN'R concerts (Australia, New Zealand and Japan) have also been postponed indefinitely.

"I feel so bad right now," Stinson previously said. "I accidentally fell down a flight of stairs. I put my hand down to break my fall and heard a loud 'pop.' The next morning I went to see my doctor, and the bad is news is it's severely sprained and I may have done some ligament damage. I feel horrible.

"We'd like to apologize to our fans that were looking forward to seeing us and know that we will we see you all soon. Again, we'd like to sincerely thank our fans worldwide for their patience and support."

Haha fuck me, is that for real?!

I knew they had drug problems in South Africa, but organising a coke fest? What's the world coming to?