Random music news thread

Which bands have those guys been in? I could look it up on Wikipedia, but hey this is a discussion board after all.

Yeah kinda - but if they're band whores, they must have been in a few others. It's the other bands that I'm not aware of....

Akerfeldt has been in Opeth, Katatonia, Bloodbath and a band called Steel.
Portnoy has been in Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, OSI, Inner Sanctum, Transatlantic and Fates Warning. Plus he's done stuff with Petrucci, John Arch and Neal Morse (at least)
Swano's list of bands is epic: Edge of Sanity, Bloodbath, Diabolical Masquerade, Pan.Thy.Monium, Katatonia, Steel, Ribspreader, Infestdead, Maceration, Masticate, Overflash, Odyssey, and a few more I can't remember.
Soto's been in a few too.

Steven Wilson has Porcupine Tree, Blackfield (melancholic rock), No-Man (dream pop), I.E.M (kraut-rock), Bass Communion (drone), Continuum (soundscapes) plus other stuff under his own name, plus guest apperances with Opeth, Theo Travis, Andrew Lilies, John Wesley, Vidnaobmana, Darkroom, Paatos, Marillion, Ben Castle, Yoko Ono, OSI, JBK, Fish, Cipher, Indigo Falls, Steve Jansen, Mick Karn etc etc

Devin just recently quit Strapping Young Lad and The Devin Townsend Band :(

He;s moving to the mountains and will just release his own shit... no band, no tour.

Has anyone heard his new one Ziltoid the Omniscient ?

Give him a couple of years and he'll change his mind. He's always cracking the shits and deciding not to do any more SYL.