Random music news thread

I was at the first Infernal show.... thing I remember most about that night? Grahame's triggers finally working about half way through the set and almost deafening the entire venue

That and it being about 1000 degrees in there

SPINAL TAP Reunites To Save World From Global Warming - Apr. 25, 2007

Jake Coyle of News.com.au reports: SPINAL TAP is back, to help save the world from global warming. If only they were clear on exactly what that was.

The mock heavy metal group immortalized in the 1984 mockumentary "This is Spinal Tap" will reunite for a performance at Wembley Stadium in London as part of worldwide Live Earth concerts on July 7.

The original members of SPINAL TAP will be there: guitarist Nigel Tufnel (played by Christopher Guest), singer David St Hubbins (Michael McKean) and bassist Derek Smalls (Harry Shearer). Rob Reiner, who both directed "This is Spinal Tap" and played the fake documentarian Marty DeBergi in the film, will also be in attendance.

A new 15-minute film directed by Reiner on the band's reunion will also play at the opening night of the Tribeca Film Festival in New York tonight.

:)

Jonah's only gig with Infernal was at the Excelsior. I got righetously shitfaced and passed out in a doorway across the street.

I could have sworn it was at the ape, I remember seeing infernal with a keyboadist there.

Regardless, it has a lot to do with people being peanuts, and people having egos.

I read elsewhere that Peter Lindgren (Astrid's grandson, perhaps?) has left Opeth, and was replaced by Fredrik Akesson, the guy who took over Chris Amott's place in Arch Enemy. I also read that CA is back in Arch Enemy. Interesting.

It's been his band from the start though, basically Akerfeldt whoever else is in the band. Much like Megadeth and Whitesnake and Dungeon.

Aren't Wilson, Akerfeldt and Portnoy supposed to be doing something together? Akerfeldt's played on Porcupine Tree's "Deadwing" (and possibly other albums, can't recall).