Random Photo Thread

I didn't take this but I think it's totally awesome and worth posting here :D

skyscrapers.jpg

awesome

Who's that comedian that talks about letters that soldiers send home today as opposed to during the civil war. ie:

My dearest carla, as the wind wisps through the trees, calming my soul I can only think of you

vs

Hey woman, it is hot as fuck out here. it's very hot in the dessert. don't fuck nobody till I get home

Powerful pictures Iris, great job with centering them too. Did you need to crop any of them, or just happened to get lined up right?

Thnx.
Yes i had to crop, i'm trying but i'm not thát good of a photographer. My ^&*%#@$$!!!! of a battery went low,
so i could not picture everything i wanted to shoot * . It's exactly like you said, powerful. I cannot put in words what i sensed but death and silence still linger there, not even a bird in the trees that sings a melody. Next to Camp Westerbork is Europe's biggest telescope project,
14 huge radio telescopes in line. Off the camp, away from the telescopes and a 5 minute walk futher, the first bird came to my ears again.
Melancholy stuck with me for hours that day. I still want to visit Auschwitz and Sobibor but i had enough for this year.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westerbork_Synthesis_Radio_Telescope