Rank'em

It's a joke dummy ;)

Just cause you like crappy music doesn't mean you deserve torture and death, I thought that was obvious? *wink* *wink* *nudge*

can't take a joke back huh dummy? Just because you're stupid doesn't mean you should be put down, I thought that was obvious. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

boynuz kulağı geçer;)Sorry I don't know the English for this and it fits perfectly for this situation:)I actually think that Katatonia members really could rank Pink Floyd on top but to my personal taste Katatonia has brought a new dimension to Pink Floyd's music plus Katatonia has the best vocal in the world;)

Actually the guys in Katatonia don't like Pink Floyd too much, at least Jonas doesn't...

i really like the beatles ( more than PF and Iron Maiden by the way.. ) .. but i simply can't put them in comparison with underground music as Ulver, Anathema and Katatonia.. so the whole thing here is wrong....

i dunno..... different moods i would say.
Rightfully so...Beatles deserve to be #1. On my list #2 (just under Floyd)

Katatonia
Anathema
Empyrium
Iron Maiden
Rapture
Daylight Dies
Ulver (if they had done more albums like "Bergtatt" they had been at my top)
Pink floyd
Antimatter

No rating: Marilyn Manson

One thing that is still hard for me to understand in this day and age is how Ulver, Katatonia, Anathema, Green Carnation, etc are still 'underground'? The Music itself would appeal to many of the same people that are buying popular indie rock artists, electronica, alternative etc. I guess if anything it's an indicator of just how being on a major label or mtv or embedded somehow into the mainstream equals the amount of exposure to take a band out of the 'underground' status. Being radio friendly helps I guess, but it's a lot more than that.

One thing that is still hard for me to understand in this day and age is how Ulver, Katatonia, Anathema, Green Carnation, etc are still 'underground'? The Music itself would appeal to many of the same people that are buying popular indie rock artists, electronica, alternative etc. I guess if anything it's an indicator of just how being on a major label or mtv or embedded somehow into the mainstream equals the amount of exposure to take a band out of the 'underground' status. Being radio friendly helps I guess, but it's a lot more than that.
Bands that deserve recognition never get it. Few songs off of Anathema-Judgement have a radiohead vibe to them & can easily be played on radio. Same with Katatonia-TGCD(perfect circle vibe). Im actually glad neither band gets played on radio because I would get sick of it fast, but both deserve to be WAY more exposed than they already are. The general public is dense and wouldnt know good music If it ran over their kid.
Green Carnation-Light of Day,Day of Darkness wouldnt go over too well on the radio:lol: clocking in at hour long. (but they have few songs that could be played)

Katatonia
Rapture
Anathema
Iron Maiden
Antimatter ( just heard the new album. Amazing. :))
Marilyn Manson
Daylight Dies
Pink Floyd

The rest...Haven't really listened to 'em.

People who don't like Pink Floyd are not really alive.
I saw Roger Waters live yesterday, playing all of Dark Side of the Moon, half of Wish You Were Here, and some random classics, I was hardly able to breathe, there were moments that I was thinking "this is the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed all my live"
Nothing compares.

haha i haven't heard much pink floyd either except the wall a couple of times
Really??
suprised. Do yourself a favor and listen to Echoes. My personal fav. Floyd song that is way tripped out. The end is a little monotonous...but I can go on and on. Floyd CANNOT be duplicated. Pure genious.

Iron Maiden
Katatonia
Daylight Dies
Antimatter
Anathema
Ulver
Rapture
Pink Floyd
Empyrium
Marilyn Manson

Really??
suprised. Do yourself a favor and listen to Echoes. My personal fav. Floyd song that is way tripped out. The end is a little monotonous...but I can go on and on. Floyd CANNOT be duplicated. Pure genious.

Listen to comfartably numb, pigs(three of a kind), time, wish you were here, is there anybody out there?, some of the best music that will ever grace your ears.