Rapucore Mix Practice #1: Thrash Metal - A Burning Wreck (multitracks inside!)

Thanks brah. What guitars and pickups did you use for rhythm?
dsc03386rz.jpg

This. :) (Aria Pro II Urchin Deluxe, made in Japan @ Matsumoku in the 70's/80's)
Stock pickups, and mine has a Schaller Floyd Rose (golden) on it. ;)

Neat! Not a fan of the headstock but the shape and the colors are sexy. Reminds me of the monsters from Half-Life.

Did a quick mix here, let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dig the track, Rapucore. Sadly, Dropbox is giving me a 509 error and I can't download the file. Hope to get on this one soon.

Sorry for this! Dropbox banned the folder for creating excessive traffic. :lol:
It's all good now, feel free to download it!

I just upgraded my Dropbox account to "pro", so now I have 10x the bandwidth. :)

Did a quick mix here, let me know what you guys think!

Sounds pretty good! :) Maybe too much reverb on the rhythm guitars (?) and the mix is a bit harsh on the high mids / highs, but otherwise it's pretty good. Welcome to the forums! :headbang:

I loooove you for this song! :) Can´t wait for other tracks!

Heres my try! I´m very happy with it! All guitars/Bass with Kemper

Cheerz
Lars

Nice man! :kickass: Great mix! Just one question, why did you leave the dives from the intro and the tapping leads after the first riff off? :lol:

Cheers both of you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I should've exported the cymbals as "OHs" too. I'll listen to it right away! :kickass:

EDIT:
I dig the old school-ish (IMO) vibe you gave it! I loved the lead tone, it really suited the rhythms. ;)
Just tweak the drums to be a bit dirtier and you're good to go! :kickass:

LOL, it probably has an old school vibe because that was probably the last time I listened to Thrash Metal... haha. I would say the most old schoolish thing I did was with the vocals. Sounds like it was taken right out of the 80s, 90s lol. But yeah, like you mentioned I need some more work on the drums!

The lead tone took a bit to get just right but I'm happy how it turned out!
I will post a new mix soon.

LOL, it probably has an old school vibe because that was probably the last time I listened to Thrash Metal... haha. I would say the most old schoolish thing I did was with the vocals. Sounds like it was taken right out of the 80s, 90s lol. But yeah, like you mentioned I need some more work on the drums!

The lead tone took a bit to get just right but I'm happy how it turned out!
I will post a new mix soon.

Yeah the vocals were great too! :headbang:
I'm loving the lead tone, damn. :lol:

Looking forward to the new mix! :kickass: