rare prog from early 70s

I love that film, its not really a parody tough its more like a comedy tribute to the romero films

Check out Wigwam, a Finnish band from the 70s... Get hold of the album "Fairyport" if you see it!

Also another band I don't think has been mentioned here is Gnidrolog. Despite the stupid name, they rule!

Visit Remember the Past to read lots of reviews of great 70s prog!

and for those of you who arent really digging the "prog" so much, but still like classic heavy rock and roll in the veign of sabbath, zeppelin, deep purple, etc...i highly recommend getting the newest Spiritual Beggars. I loved their other albums, but i must say they really raised the bar on the latest one, more melodic and textured this time...with some cool spacey stuff as well. check it out.

Luz said:
I was about to asking that NineFeetUnderground, thank you. What's the title?
\m/

Luz.-

"on fire" is the newest spiritual beggars album. apparently theyre coming out with a new one very soon as well, so keep an eye out for that one! check it all out at www.spiritualbeggars.com

also, in a similar vein...but not nearly as hard...more along the lines of "uriah heep" or led zeppelin's more progressive moments....is the new swedish retro classic rock band "Black Bonzo". I ordered this recently from the band...and its absolutely stunning...youd never know it was made last year...has tons of great guitar work, mellotrons, organs, harmonized vocals and gang vocals, etc. So anyone whos interested in that, i highly recommend it. www.blackbonzo.com has some clips you can listen to and any other info you might need.

deliverance said:
nick, i went to the blackbonzo site and d/l'ed all the samples, and really dig them. i can't find the album on slsk, nor the cd online anywhere. do you happen to have the full album, mp3s?
yes i do, but whos nick? :p

if you want to purchase the album...heres the place the band told me to get it from and where i purchased it from: RECORD HEAVEN

Btw, could someone find me samples for These Trails' s/t album or some official/fanpage?
For those not in the know, they are supposed to be very similar in sound to Linda Perhacs whos work seems to be a fav. with Opeth's mainman.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i disagree very much. spiritual beggars are far more interesting in every aspect to me. however, i havent heard clutch's newest album.

Dunno. Clutch seem a lot more energetic and fun. Both give a similar vibe and I like them both though.

RjBeals said:
Hey NineFeet.... What do you know about Roky Erickson?
Well, he was the frontman for the 13th floor elevators for a couple of years, and did some solo work as well...helped pioneer and re-create psych with spirituality lyricism and interest.

He did some folky stuff with his solo work...(think of a really pure and humanistic, but less interesting version of nick drake or sandy Denny), where as the 13th floor elevators were more a garage pyschadelia sound (think of a dirty and raw early pink floyd).

id recommend:

13th floor elevators: "Psychadelic sounds of" LP
Roky Erickson: "Never Say Goodbye" LP