Raventale - for fans of "post Burzum" stuff like Drudkh

I expect that he will write back in the next day or so to tell me what he requires and where to meet him. I assume near the pier on the southside at midnight. The eagle has landed. All that good stuff. I will keep you all posted. This has become, literally, the reason for Ars Magna's existence at this point. Such a grand saga.

o_O :lol:

to Crimson Velvet
Black metal, but similarly I like a lot of other branches of heavy music. I love emotional music. Well if to take a concrete example, it is such bands as Katatonia (Brave Murder Day), Opeth, Tiamat (Wildhoney), Burzum, The Gathering (Nighttime Bird), Anathema (early), Drudkh, Graveworm, Samael (Ceremony Of Opposites)...This music inspirits me to create my own project Raventale.

to EricT
This album tells about a forest atmosphere. He passes my feelings, my experiencing and impressions when I am one in the evening forest. An album describes the evening, autumn forest, his beauty and loneliness, his mysticism and his secrets. All is begun with a calling sun (first track) and darkling sky on which the last tongues of a sun burn out still (second track). Third track tells about the melancholy of the old forest, about his misty lands, ghostly branches of trees, about his aloofness and forgotten. Further the smell of the approached rain is felt in mid air(track four) and first drops of rain fall from distant sky to the forest glades (fifth track). And in durance vile, last song about arrival of nightly goddess... the forest is finally shrouded a blackness, queen of night on the throne... to the morning.

to EricT
This album tells about a forest atmosphere. He passes my feelings, my experiencing and impressions when I am one in the evening forest. An album describes the evening, autumn forest, his beauty and loneliness, his mysticism and his secrets. All is begun with a calling sun (first track) and darkling sky on which the last tongues of a sun burn out still (second track). Third track tells about the melancholy of the old forest, about his misty lands, ghostly branches of trees, about his aloofness and forgotten. Further the smell of the approached rain is felt in mid air(track four) and first drops of rain fall from distant sky to the forest glades (fifth track). And in durance vile, last song about arrival of nightly goddess... the forest is finally shrouded a blackness, queen of night on the throne... to the morning.

Wow, thats awesome. Helps me appreciate the album even more.

One more question: Any plans for more Raventale albums in the near (or distant) future?

to EricT
Already in a process record of new material, it will be the same conceptual work, but already on other theme. Think, nearer to the summer he will be ready

to Crimson Velvet
Black metal, but similarly I like a lot of other branches of heavy music. I love emotional music. Well if to take a concrete example, it is such bands as Katatonia (Brave Murder Day), Opeth, Tiamat (Wildhoney), Burzum, The Gathering (Nighttime Bird), Anathema (early), Drudkh, Graveworm, Samael (Ceremony Of Opposites)...This music inspirits me to create my own project Raventale.

Sounds like Erik or something

So Astaroth,

You do not seem upset by people downloading the album! Surely, it has gotten you quite a few sales from this forum alone. What are your thoughts on this?

Ars Magna, I'd like a copy too once you get them in! I'll preorder on Thursday when I get paid if you want!

So Astaroth,

You do not seem upset by people downloading the album! Surely, it has gotten you quite a few sales from this forum alone. What are your thoughts on this?

Raventale has been a prime example of the following:

- RC community sharing recommendations
- digital file sharing of an album (or band) we would never have otherwise discovered
- collectively buying the CD based on the strength of the samples

I'd call that a good result for fans, distro, label, and artist.

Yes, I hope that I will work with Backfire prod. It's good lable!

This sounded really good, I have to check if any Finnish distros has the album available.

Will the future-releases also has programmed drums or have you planned to use a real drummer in the future?

I love the fourth track. And Astaroth really does have an ability to express his feelings and emotions in such a beautiful form.

Raventale has been a prime example of the following:

- RC community sharing recommendations
- digital file sharing of an album (or band) we would never have otherwise discovered
- collectively buying the CD based on the strength of the samples

I'd call that a good result for fans, distro, label, and artist.

*nods agreement*