RC March Madness - The Elite 8 (votes needed):

Allure of the Earth said:
What does "flogging the cargo" mean?
The picture is an infamous drawing of the slave cargo layout, it's in every American history book in school. Well maybe not anymore because AMERICA HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG EVER, but who knows.

EDIT: Oh, I thought this was Josh's latest my pals thread. See that one for a picture if you haven't.

JayKeeley said:
It's not often that I sit down with headphones and read along with the lyrics - however, when I do, I truly enjoy the listening experience.
I also really enjoy doing this when I have time. It's agreat wat to truly absorb a worthwhile CD.

Zod

JayKeeley said:
I did not know that. Interesting....
http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/list/082_slave.html

3a44236r.jpg

Pretty sick. Unless you hate my pals I guess.

One Inch Man said:
At the Gates have wonderful lyrics. Didn't know that until I read Erik's review of Red in the Sky, I had listened to them for about 6 years without ever reading any.

My version of said album doesn't even have a booklet with the lyrics :erk:

Digifag version? Tough break. Also the remastering job is probably shitty (without having heard it) :)

(I HAVE TEH 1991 ORIGINAL ON DEAF RECORDS!)

Yeah, digipak version. I dunno if the remastering job is shitty or not, haven't heard the original, but the production sounds pretty old-skool and credible to me..

Henrik Main said:
Yeah, digipak version. I dunno if the remastering job is shitty or not, haven't heard the original, but the production sounds pretty old-skool and credible to me..

It sounded absolutely HORRIBLE (monotonous, difficult to hear very much) in my car, but at home on better speakers, it sounds nice and old-skool like you said. Fuckin digipak :(

I actually sort of like digipaks. They remind me of LPs, which is nice. However, I've got a problem with those LARGE fancy digipaks, as they are too large for my CD rack (Mayhem's "Chimera" and Dimmu's "Death Cult Armageddon", for instance). They look pretty nice, though.

Those limited edition slipcase thingies also give me a bit of a headache. I've got some of those (Borknagar's "Epic", Behemoth's "Demigod", Emperor's "Emperor/Wrath Of The Tyrant"), and they don't fit into my CD rack either. And I think it looks stupid with a bunch of CDs lying next to the rack :(

Well, save a bit of space by tossing Epic and Chimera right into the trash-can where they belong :)

I like digipaks quite a bit too, it seems more like you're getting something real instead of just a case that someone took 5 seconds to slip an insert into.