Reason for Your User Name ....

Bodomidnight

Apr 30, 2004
What Made u Choose the User Name u have ... Any particular reason :D ...

I like Bodom and their song Bodom After Midnight ... So i combined em ' :D ...

UR REASON PLZ :)

I was such a fan of "Walls of Jericho" when I heard it that later I chose my nickname from it. Actually it's the name of the monster on the cover artwork.

Well.. If you didn't already know, mine is the name of Sepultura's drummer.
I chose it because i am a drummer and I love his style of heavy drumming mixed with Brazilian percussion.

Sepultura suck since Max left though.. :(
Their new stuff is shit :(

Simple My old Guitar Player gave me this Nick name 5 years ago ...... if you Take my First name Jonah take the ah off it becomes Jon add a N & Y you get Jonny then Add My middle Initial Which is D and you get Jonny D its all derived from my actual Name

The first part of mine is pretty simple USMC - United States Marine Corps. I served with 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines from 1990-1996...I was a Sergeant when I was honorably discharged.

0341 is an "M.O.S." - miltary occupational specialty. The first 2 numbers are the occupational field - "03" is infantry and combat arms. The second numbers "41" refer to a specific discipline or weapon system in the "03" field - in my case, mortars.

For you military buffs, here's the breakdown of the "03" field, if you care to know:

0311 - Rifleman
0313 - Light Armored Vehicle Crewman
0331 - Machinegunner
0341 - Mortarman
0351 - Assaultman
0352 - Antitank Assault Guided Missileman
0369 - Infantry Unit Leader

There is one exception to the numbering scheme:

8541 - Scout Sniper

One other note - all Marines, especially in the infantry - are riflemen first, and we all carry one, regardless of our M.O.S. Our weapon systems are specialties, but we all have to master the service rifle and qualify every year (6th award expert rifle and pistol I might add...I had to throw that in).

OK - So now that I have bored the living shit out of everyone and been WAY to detailed in my reply - that's how I got my screen name...

JB

I knew That Sorta hahahaha I knew what the USMC meant and I figured the numbers had something to do with Military Designation I'm not a Military man but My Brother is a Staff Sarge and Gulf war Vet in the army and My Pops Did 2 tours in Veitnam As a Door Gunner/Crew Chief on a Navy Huey Gunship he is a Seawolf Which was One of 2 Navy Attack Helicopter units the Job was to Cover the River Rats in the Rivers of South Vietnam He was awarded A Distinguished Flying Cross for Bravery ....... There now I matched ya Boring Military stuff for Boring Military Stuff :D

JonnyD said:
I knew That Sorta hahahaha I knew what the USMC meant and I figured the numbers had something to do with Military Designation I'm not a Military man but My Brother is a Staff Sarge and Gulf war Vet in the army and My Pops Did 2 tours in Veitnam As a Door Gunner/Crew Chief on a Navy Huey Gunship he is a Seawolf Which was One of 2 Navy Attack Helicopter units the Job was to Cover the River Rats in the Rivers of South Vietnam He was awarded A Distinguished Flying Cross for Bravery ....... There now I matched ya Boring Military stuff for Boring Military Stuff :D

That's some good shit man...tell your bro I said "Ooooh Rah" :headbang: ...and tell your pops I said thank you for his service to our country...those door gunners had a very short life expectancy in Vietnam...especially covering the riverboats...HARDCORE is you ask me... :worship:

JB

It was my rock star stage name I came up with for the '80s glam/hair metal tribute band I was playing in!

Trixxi Trash evolved from Trent Trixx (my real name is Trent). Trixxi Trash was that extra bit sleazy, trashy & Sunset Strip sounding!

Will Do Marine! I figured you would apprecate that story Being a Marine and all I know I enjoy Telling it! I'm proud of both of them especialy pops if he didnt make it I wouldnt be here hahahaha hes seen some shit that I dont think anybody could Imagine hahahaha

When I was a kid I used to read loads of Dan Cooper comics. For those who don't know him he was afighter pilot in the Canadian airforce. I wanted to become apilot. Unfortuneatly I have bad eyesight. I had to wear glasses since I was 12 years old.

Later in the 80s there was this tv series about a helicopter the flyers call sign was "Hawk". Well there you have it. It's also an ironic reference to my bad eyes that I named myself Hawk. Besides, the first letter H is also the first of my name; Henri.

O I also read Belgian comic called Tangy and Laverdure. I never see them around these days.

I thought of my username in high school. It was actually used to make an e-mail account to send grad messages to the yearbook committee, lol, and ~metal_maiden~ was what came to mind... so I decided to use it as a username on messageboards, as well, and found out that there are two more metal_maidens on UM. Oh well... :p