Reason for Your User Name ....

What a killer thread!
Well, mine goes back to like '97, Motley Crue had put out that mixed bag that was Generation Swine...
Being a fan of Crue for countless years, I chose
the user name for my email account as "sixxswine."
I have been using that for various boards ect, ever since.
I did try nikkiray$immon$ at one time, but I went back to
swine....
It isn't as gay sounding...
I could be wring though...

I got mine from the band Iced Earth, but didn't want to sound like every other Iced Earth fan (at the time I came up with it which was 3 years ago) And now every 16 year old kid is "Iced(something)" I thought fang face was the name of the mascot for Gamma Ray and not Helloween.

Pretty simple...in my world :lol:

I love dragons lore (especially European dragons lore), in the first forum I was about to post I choose Dragon as nickname and was rejected (someone beat me to it). So it was between the next possible in line a wyvern or a lyndorm (which is my email code in Yahoo btw).

From those too a wyvern (a serpent with two legs and wings, closely related to dragons) was more appealling as a nickname, I believe that lyndorm (a serpent with legs but no wings) was also taken.

Since then I've been Wyvern for all metal related forums. Sadly I discovered a couple of years ago that is a bad power metal band from Italy that goes by the same name :erk:

Wyvern1.gif

Wyvern said:
From those too a wyvern (a serpent with two legs and wings, closely related to dragons) was more appealling as a nickname

Don't you think they look like overgrown, plucked, chickens? :D

Since then I've been Wyvern for all metal related forums. Sadly I discovered a couple of years ago that is a bad power metal band from Italy that goes by the same name :erk:

Plus one from Sweden amd another from Turkey. :D

Runehammer said:
Don't you think they look like overgrown, plucked, chickens? :D
Plus one from Sweden amd another from Turkey. :D
Whatever, and as for a chicken commentary...
13.gif
:p :lol:

hammer.jpg
, looks tough but is so fragile...:Spin:

Hahahahha, go to Google input Runehammer and look in images...to the right
7.gif

Wicked Child said:
The guy from Gamma Ray, and the guy on Walls Of Jericho are the same dude.
That guys name is Kai Hansen. And the band that released the Walls of Jericho EP is Helloween. Any way, the mascot for Helloween is a guy with a pumpkin head, where as the mastoc for Gamma Ray is Fang Face. Looks like a wolf.

Grave Digger is one of my top three favorite bands along with Helloween and Iron Maiden. The Grave Digger is the first album I got by them and it blew me away. It is also the album (along with Infinite by Stratovarius) that made me the power metal whore I am.

IcedMadness said:
That guys name is Kai Hansen. And the band that released the Walls of Jericho EP is Helloween. Any way, the mascot for Helloween is a guy with a pumpkin head, where as the mastoc for Gamma Ray is Fang Face. Looks like a wolf.
:lol: I know Helloween, dude. I love Helloween. If i didn't know who Kai Hanson was, i should be shot or lynched. And do you REALLY think i'd be stupid enough to respond to a comment about a band i know absolutely zilch about? If you do, you got another thing coming. It was bad wording on my part. I was referring to the
Fang Face thingamawhatsit. Sure, the thing on Walls Of Jericho and Fangface don't look EXACTLY the same, but refer to Maiden's Eddie. He didn't look the same way he does now on the debut and it's singles covers. A mascot can evolve. Look at the similarities. At the very least Fangface was inspired by or "evolved" from the Jericho giant thingy.

Wicked Child said:
At the very least Fangface was inspired by or "evolved" from the Jericho giant thingy.
I'm sure about it. Have thought the same many times. BTW interesting analogy you draw with Eddie, since Derek Riggs who made all classical Maiden album covers, did the covers of "Somewhere Out In Space" and "Powerplant" if I'm not mistaken.

fanglan2.jpg
walls_of_jericho.jpg

Wyvern said:
I'm sure about it. Have thought the same many times. BTW interesting analogy you draw with Eddie, since Derek Riggs who made all classical Maiden album covers, did the covers of "Somewhere Out In Space" and "Powerplant" if I'm not mistaken.

fanglan2.jpg
walls_of_jericho.jpg
yeh, he did! And the Blast From The Past cover, as well, i believe. But yeh, look at the photos! It's pretty damn obvious he was at the very least inspired by it!