Recent sales figures.

Metalstrm

On the Serpentine Path
Apr 16, 2005
Malta
Someone mentioned sales in another thread. Does anybody have an idea how Opeth have been doing lately? Especially with GR, and all the other albums for that matter. Numbers sold, etc...? I tried googling it but found nothing. GR must have surpassed BWP big time right?

In one 2001 interview Peter said that each od the first four albums was sold 40,000 copies by that date. And "Blackwater Park" was sold 70,000 in a year.

I don't know some more recents statistics.

Not as high as they could/should be (see: Discussing Leaks thread).

Most of the people who have the leaked version of Watershed are still probably going to be buying it. And the people who aren't going to buy probably never planned to in the first place.

Swifty's assumption is the unanimous opinion of the 5 or so I've spoken to about it. That's not a large enough poll for anyone to make that kind of blanket statement, however.

70 000 copies of blackwater park when it came out is amazing considering how underground opeth were at the time. I'm sure it's over 100 000 sold now. I'm sure GR did much better because it got a fantastic amount of exposure

Only the labels (Candlelight, Peaceville, Music For Nations [RIP], and Roadrunner) know what the total album sales are. Well, Mike might based on statements, but it's foolish to assume what sales are.

and "we're gonna try and make not to many fuckups tonight"

but there was no advisory on it when I bought it

I remember some Akerfeldt interview where he says something that implies they don't get more than a 1000$ every month per person... Can anyone recall it?