Recent/upcoming gigs

Metal Dog

Prowling in the night
Aug 31, 2003
South of nowhere, lost in a fog
Visit site
I'm excited. (no not like that! :oops: lets not turn it disgusting before I even get started) Going to see Def Leppard this Sunday in Birmingham so I thought I'd start a thread and find out what all you other beautiful people have been going to or have got coming up. I know a couple of guys were going to see Motorhead sometime soon and of course there is the Bloodstock on the road tour going on at the moment and just to add a touch of madness to an otherwise very sane post make the last word of your post your favourite colour (silly post as we are coming in to the silly season.) purple

Yes I am insane I've got the certificate to prove it if you don't believe me. wahahahaha :loco: . purple

Saw Glenn Hughes on Saturday in Dudley - was OK but now becoming a bit of a strain on the ears, even Burn was'nt up to scratch!

Seeing White Buffalo in 1/2 hour with a view to getting them on at Bloodstock 2004! check out www.whitebuffalo.co.uk . Seem to have great reviews everywhere!

Coming up I'll be at: Biomechanical gigs - all of 'em, Skid Row, Thin Lizzy, Dave Lee Roth, Illuminatus and Invey on the road gigs in December, Lacuna Coil. Arch Enemy, Blaze, and Jethro Tull way off in Feb 2004! Primal Fear in March04 and Bloodstock September 2004!

Fav colour is Maroon!

Well I saw Helloween live last night. Great show, just a few minor criticisms.

- I could hardly hear Andi's singing a lot of the time. This improved after the first couple of songs, I think, so the producers must have been making a conscious effort to sort it out, but for most of the show the guitar chords were a tad TOO loud; loud is good of course but at some places the chords were so loud, piercing and distorted that it was tricky to make out the riff. It was also a bit odd that Andi's voice sounded so very different to the studio tracks, although I'm not sure how to describe the difference.

- The Power sing-along is kind of fun for a minute or two, but it was so long that Weiki made himself pretty comfortable sat on one of the speakers. Andi's comment that the right side was quieter because it had more women, and therefore also contained the better-looking men made me laugh but really the sing-along was four-times longer than it needed to be.

Dark green.

Last gig I went to was Dimmu Borgir at the Astoria. I should have saved my money really, they were absolutely abysmal. Even worse than they were last time.

Unfortunately I don't have all that many planned at the moment. That will hopefully change with time though.

At the moment I'm off to the following:

My Dying Bride, Lacuna Coil, Metallica, Inferno Festival (Norway) and some funny little metalfest at the beginning of September. ;)

I'm totally off to see Maiden in December. :Spin:

Other than that I've got nothing planned. I MIGHT go to a small local gig next month (Breene, Worm and The Downfall, all from the Leeds area) but I'm not sure if it'll fit in with my other plans.

Well for the moment my next gigs will Cepaliac Carnage and Exhumed up here in Leeds probably followed by Arch Enemy also up here in Leeds.

Then followed by Maiden in December in Sheffield And Manchester I think.

For the next year coming i reckon that I will try and visit Bang Your Head, Headbangers Open Air, Inferno Festival, The Graspop Metal Meeting (Depending on the lineup) and of course Wacken!

Rounding it off nicely with Bloodstock!!!

Will cost a lot but it will be worth it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

For me the next one is Bloodstock On The Road tour this Friday. Next it may well be Bonfire in Sheffield, followed by Skid Row at Bradford. Then it will be Maiden at Newcastle. I may possibly do Tigertailz at Bradford and that will probably conclude my year. Next year I've got Primal Fear to look forward to. Wacken and possibly other trips to Europe mainland.

Motorhead - Hammersmith (was there Saturday just gone)

Nov
Iron Maiden - Stockholm 14th & Gothenburg 15th

Dec
Iron Maiden - Dublin 1st, Newcastle 3rd, Earls Court 12th, NEC 16th (still looking out for standing cardiff tickets).
Doro/Saxon/Circle II Circle - Dusseldorf 13th

And probably a few tribute bands between that lot.

Bonded By Metal, was the last gig I saw.

Prospect
Callenish Circle
Occult
Grave
Mortician
God Dethroned
Agent Steel
Nuclear Assault
Exodus

Off to see Maiden hopefully in Manchester, possibly Nile in Sheffield.

Planning on trying to get to Iced Earth in London.

Wacken is a must

Possibly bloodstock, see what the line-up is, see if some variety is included.

Saw an awesome Symphony X gig on Saturday and have just got back from Glenn Hughes - which was good, but as Vince said - he's losing it at the eop end and resorts to screaming just a bit too much. 'Mistreated' was worth the entrance money but 'Burn' wasn't up to scratch.

I have a busy couple of weeks coming up :D

22/10 Spocks Beard/Enchant/California Guitar Trio, London, Mean Fiddler
27/10 Flower Kings/Ritual, London, Mean Fiddler
28/10 Camel, London, Astoria
30/10 Biomechanical, The Underworld (perhaps)
31/10 My Dying Bride/Flowing Tears, London, Astoria
4/11 Death Angel/Darkane/Mnemic, London, The Underworld
8/11 Epica/Autumn/Sengir/the Last Embrace, Brussels
30/11 Porcupine Tree, London, Astoria
21/12 Arch Enemy, London, The Mean Fiddler (or perhaps the Birmingham gig)
27/12 Lacuna Coil, London, Astoria

16/01/04 Dream Theater, Manchester, Apollo
17/01/04 Dream Theater, London, Hammersmith Apollo

busy, busy! :D

Catharsis said:
Last gig I went to was Dimmu Borgir at the Astoria. I should have saved my money really, they were absolutely abysmal. Even worse than they were last time.
Splutter! True, they didn't start well, but after a few tracks, they really got into their stride, and I thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Even better than last time :) I think the turning point was "Kings of the carnival creation". For everything after that, I was a happy bunny. I could have wished for any number of tracks that they didn't play ("Reptile", "Hybrid stigmata", "Metal heart", "Burn in hell", "Blood hunger doctrine", "Eradication instincts defined" and so on). But what they did play was excellent. Norther were pretty good, too, but I wasn't too keen on Hypocrisy.

In terms of other gigs, it's a busy time of year. Helloween/Rage yesterday, just got back from AC/DC tonight. Thursday is Viking Skull. Friday is Einherjer. Saturday is The Mission. Then next month, I've got Evanescence, Meat Loaf, David Lee Roth (which sadly conflicts with Skid Row on the same night), Molly Hatchett and Thunder. December brings Maiden, Metallica and Lacuna Coil.

Eagle said:
For me the next one is Bloodstock On The Road tour this Friday. Next it may well be Bonfire in Sheffield, followed by Skid Row at Bradford. Then it will be Maiden at Newcastle. I may possibly do Tigertailz at Bradford and that will probably conclude my year. Next year I've got Primal Fear to look forward to. Wacken and possibly other trips to Europe mainland.

Tigertailz!! cool where else are they playing? and when?Wasn't planning any more before christmas but if they are playing somewhere close I will have to make an exception. Oh yeah what happened to your fave colour?
purple