Recommend some emotional metal ballads...

Yeah man, Nightwish is the king of emotional metal.

Sleeping Sun
Swanheart
Walking In The Air
Pharaoh Sails To Orion

are all amazing, although the latter isn't as intentionally emotional, it has so much power and feel that it spawns so much feel from me every time I listen.

Fuck, I know that sounds cheesy:D

Good ones, Heretic Princess! Savatage ballads are the ultimate! Its always a good night when i can sit at an upright piano with a case of beer belting out "Believe" or "If I Go Away", amongst others.

One tune that i didn't see mentioned is "Two Winters Only" by My Dying Bride. Downright depressing! Big fan of "So Long (Still I Wonder) from Nightingale, also.

Katatonia - Teargas
Opeth - The Drapery Falls

Why has no one mentioned Pantera ballads? They're great. Most of them follow the same kind of formula but there are some different ones.
Pantera - Cemetary Gates, This Love, Hollow, 10's, Suicide Note Pt.1, and Floods.

"Floods" by Pantera also has one of the best guitar soloes I've ever heard! Dimebag sometimes make kind of braindead wanking, but that solo is bad-ass shit and fits the song very, very well!

Metal ballads have always been a deep passion of mine.

Angel Dust-Still I'm Bleeding
Follow Me (Pt. 1)
Nevermore-Dreaming Neon Black
Savatage-All That I Bleed
Alone You Breathe
Not What You See
Desiree (Acoustic Piano Version)
Virgin Steele-Child Of Desolation
Iced Earth-I Died For You
Watching Over Me

Metal Ballads:
Dream Theater - "Space-Dye Vest" (not really heavy, but heartbreaking certainly)
Queensrÿche - "London"
Queensrÿche - "Another Rainy Night"
Bruce Dickinson - "Tears of the Dragon"
Iced Earth - "Dracula"
Blind Guardian - "The Eldar"
Demons & Wizards - "My Last Sunrise"
Threshold - "Sheltering Sky"

Rock Ballads:
The 69 Eyes - The Chair
Peter Murphy - "Huvola"
HIM - Join Me (In Death)

I must admit that I've never really liked that many metal ballads. Maybe that's because I'm thinking of the 80's crap like GN'R & Iron Maiden. Although I think "Appetite for destruction" is a superb album, "Sweet child o' mine" is easily the weakest track on it IMO and I usually skip it. A song like their "November Rain" I never really liked! "Don't cry" is a little bit better, but also one I usually skip. "Knockin' on heaven's door" I never really liked either. "Estranged" is a bit different and I certainly like that one! Their "Lies" album has gotten as time has gone by.
A track like Maiden's "Wasting love" also seems a bit stupid to me today I must admit.
The closing tracks on Hypocrisy's "Abducted" are cool though and so is "Return to serenity" and "Trail of tears" by Testament, but songs like "The silent man" & "Eve" by Dream Theater are awful and sums up what I basically don't like about metal ballads!! Gross, sticky crap just to try to get chicks or some shit!

I think metal ballads are amazing.
That kinda music touches me the most.

- Iced Earth - I Died For You, A Question Of Heaven, Diary (not really a ballad but very dark love lyrics), Dracula, Watching Over Me .... Yeah Iced Earth is my fav band besides Testament.

Testament - Return To Serenity, The Legacy, The Ballad

Metallica - The Unforgiven I & II, Fade To Black, To Live Is To Die, Nothing Else Matters.

Rage - All This Time

Sentenced - No One There, Aika Multaa Muistot (Everything Is Nothing), Killing Me Killing You, You Are The One

Iron Maiden - Remember Tomorrow

Death - Voice Of The Soul ....*omfg to that song*

Poisonblack - With Her I Die

Quo Vadis - Dream

Opeth - To Bid You Farewell

Pantera - Cemetery Gates

Sonata Arctica - The End Of This Chapter, Last Drop Falls, Talulah

Type O Negative - Everything Dies, Black no 1, Love You To Death