Emotional metal

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
Yes, I am comfortable enough in my masculinity to start this thread, and anyone who knows me at all can attest to the fact that I'm not "emo." I've been going through a bad time in my life right now, and emotional metal really hits the spot for me as of late. I am NOT looking for emocore or metalcore shit, but not only death/doom metal, either. More along the lines of:

Rapture (listening to them as I write this)
Mourning Beloveth (duh)
early Katatonia
October Tide
Daylight Dies
Desire
Tearstained
Amok Vedar
Odium Immortalis
Beatrik
Forgotten Tomb
Nocturnal Depression
Despond
Bethlehem
Abyssic Hate
Cultus Sanguine
Primordial

You get the gist.

Saturnus
Empyrium
Paragon of Beauty (early)
Anathema (pre-AFDtE)
Celestial Season
Skumring
Yearning
In the Woods...
Loss
Tiamat (pre-Skeleton Skeletron)
Sun of the Sleepless
Lake of Tears (mainly early)
Funeral
Forgotten Woods
Dolorian

Pain of Salvation
Devin Townsend Band
Sculptured
November's Doom
Novembre
Mourning Beloveth
Peccatum
Empyrean Sky
Silent Stream of Godless Elegy
Ashtar
Diadema Tristis
Enslavement of Beauty
Butterfly Temple

Pain of Salvation and Sylvan are the main two that come to mind for me.
If you classify "happy" as an emotion in the context of this thread, A.C.T. definitely rate highly as well.

Not metal but... I feel inspired right now to reccommend you Chopin's "Marche Funebre"... great melancholic (sp?) piece. Listening to it right now.

Check out Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings too. You can't get much more emotional than that.

all music reprisents an emotion of some type. so the only correct answer is EVERY BAND/COMPOSER TO EVER EXIST!
~gR~

genocide roach said:
all music reprisents an emotion of some type. so the only correct answer is EVERY BAND/COMPOSER TO EVER EXIST!
~gR~
  • I doubt every band/composer ever to exist made metal music
  • I doubt every band/composer ever to exist sounded like the bands Life Sucks listed
  • I doubt your post wasn't a worthless piece of shit

ok, then let me rephrase.

all metal reprisents an emotion of some type. so the only correct answer is EVERY METAL BANDTO EVER EXIST!

and it doesnt matter if they sounded like the bands that were listed. every song ever made has a certain mood that can be associated with an emotion.
~gR~

10yme5c.jpg

just a heads-up for the next time you decide to adress something i wrote

genocide roach said:

all metal reprisents an emotion of some type. so the only correct answer is EVERY METAL BANDTO EVER EXIST!

and it doesnt matter if they sounded like the bands that were listed. every song ever made has a certain mood that can be associated with an emotion.
~gR~

I bet you were the big nerd in high school. You just seem like that type.

genocide roach said:

~gR~
True. For instance, most death metal represents anger. However, that is not what I'm looking for (angry music is very easy to find, and there are an abundance of angry sounding bands). Perhaps I should have been more specific and asked for bands that make music that conveys melancholy.