Recommendations, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2002
I'm looking mainly for Melodic/Progressive Death Metal bands, but any other suggestions are welcome!

I'm especially fond of bands such as:
Agalloch
Amon Amarth
Anathema
Arch Enemy
At The Gates
Bloodbath
Children of Bodom
Dark Tranquillity
Dispatched
Dissection
Finntroll
Forest of Shadows
In Flames
Katatonia
Old Man's Child
OPETH
Rotting Christ
Sentenced
Soilwork
Ulver

I will be grateful to anyone who can point me towards a great band whom I haven't heard.

Darkane-influenced by prog and a little bit of classical. I highly recommend Rusted Angel or Expanding Senses if you want a more melodic touch. Check their website out, they have samples there. Click on discography then on official releases.

Darkane

Enter Chaos-A mix of brutal death and melo, interesting stuff. I wouldn't recommend them if you aren't into brutal death metal though.

Samples

Death- You must have heard of them. Pick Symbolic, Human or The Sound Of Perseverance.

If I remember any more bands, i'll post them later.

Good good...
YOU HAVE TO CHECK HAGGARD!!! those guys are amazing..

Antichrisis.... kind of celtic with a little bit of metal.

Any other sugestions are welcomed.... i need some more melodic death metal stuff.

Have you ever heard something about SADLAYER?? they are supposed to be from JAPAN... a girl told me those guys are really good.

Ok, I got some Darkane and Thyrfing and I like what I'm hearing. Obviously, Death were a great band. I'm still downloading stuff by the others which have been mentioned. (56k modems take a while...)

Originally posted by Guardian of Darkness
Ok, I got some Darkane and Thyrfing and I like what I'm hearing. Obviously, Death were a great band. I'm still downloading stuff by the others which have been mentioned. (56k modems take a while...)

Hey Guardian, if you heard Darkane and you like them you are always welcome to the Darkane forum (look on my sig)

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
Hey Guardian, if you heard Darkane and you like them you are always welcome to the Darkane forum (look on my sig)

Ok thanks, I'm checking it out now.

I used to post on HMAS occasionally. :)

I think you must check out these great albums.

Amorphis - Tales from the Thausand Lakes (1994), Elegy (1996)
Dan Swano - Moontower (1998)
Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow (1994), Cryptic (1996), Infernal (1997)
Dan Swano - Moontower (1998)
Hypocrisy - Abducted (1996), Hypocrisy (1999)
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum (1992), Symphony Masses (1994), Lepaca Kliffoth (1995)
Macbeth - Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo (1998)
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Chaotic Beauty (2000), A Virgin and a Whore (2001)
Lake of Tears - Headstones (1995)
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork (1998)
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum (1992), Symphony Masses (1994), Lepaca Kliffoth (1995)
Septic Flesh - Ophidian Wheel (1997), Revolution DNA (1999)
Dark - Revolution (1999)
Paradise Lost - Icon (1993)
Sirenia - At Sixes And Sevens (2001)
Hypocrisy - Abducted (1996), Hypocrisy (1999)

Status
Not open for further replies.