Recommendations?????

Flamed??? :cry: Why??? :cry: Why???:cry:

Novembre, yep, there class. Sentenced, decent. QOTSA, not a fan at all.
APC same as QOTSA,

Charon, Poisonblack tell me more. What albums to check out.

Type O, been meaning to check these out for a while, where should I start?

Had a trawl through the last few pages and couldnt find anything, so i fired up this thread.

I`ll have a look into Charon and Type O. Wouldnt be too mad on Silverchair.
Always caught me as a Nirvana clone.

Thanks for the help man.

Poisonblack is the new band of Sentenced front man Ville Laihiala. Ville sings also in Poisonblack's latest album and musically band is quite close to Sentenced. On Poisonblack's debut album vocal duties was handled by JP from Charon. Stylewise Charon is somewhere between Sentenced and HIM.

Two bands that I like a lot are Blazing Eternity and The Wounded. I don't know if Blazing Eternity is even
together anymore. At least they don't have home page. More info of The Wounded can be found from here http://www.the-wounded.nl/

check out emotion sickness, steam will rise, cemetery, and the closing. you'll see what i'm saying.

Klimt 1918 are an excellent band have Undressed Momento and Dopoguerra.
Daylight Dies are good aswell.
Must look into the rest.
Anyone heard of a band called Yearning???
Saw a few cds for sale on www.displeasedrecords.com, with the description saying, "similar to Katatonia".

Blue Sky, dl`d Emotion Sickness, will give it a spin in a mo.

I'd recommend trying to get a hold of:

Beyond Dawn-Pity Love

This is a VERY overlooked CD by the doom community imo. It is really bleak, experimental doom with a sound I'd compare to Eternity or Discouraged Ones era Anathema/Katatonia, with some harsh vocals. The band also uses a trombone, but seriously... it is the most depressed sounding trombone I have ever heard. Check them out, seriously. Just a disclaimer though, if you don't appreciate extremely experimental trip-hop/electro rock, steer clear of all their other releases ;P

There are just not any good doomy bands like in the mid 90's, I find most bands like Swallow the Sun and Draconian rather lackluster and not too original. Even MDB changed so much I cant enjoy them anymore. Bands like Tiamat and Amorphis have so evolved (although i still love both bands), and what ever happened to the really good gothic-doom mixture like Ashes you Leave (still around but changed!) Decoryah, As Divine Grace, etc...? Now everything is either changed completely or just perfectly produced and almost seems plastic. Where are the 'Tales from the thousand lakes' 'Turn Loose The Swans' 'Wildhoney' 'Wolfheart' or 'Mandylion' ?? Just totally unique entities that have a strong atmosphere and songs <sigh> some bands that still touch upon these sounds are the following

Agalloch
Saturnus
Rapture
Fragile Hollow
Rain Paint

And can we have a gothic/doom female vocal fronted band who doesnt sound like evanescence or within temptation? I'm so sick of the pop influence, I just want some really sorrowful well written gothic doom metal.