recommending vintersorg for a friend

I'd say Till Fjälls or Ödemarkens Son cause they are more "easy-listened", the later albums can take more time to get into I think. But it also depends on what kind of music your friend listens to, since there's so much difference between all the albums.

I say cosmic genesis.... And then if he likes it, the two first albums. I'll assume that he doesn't understand Swedish!!!
I understand most of the Swedish that Vintersorg says, minus a few words. But in a way it doesn't really matter if you understand it. It sounds great none the less.

My first c.d. and I agree, I'd start with the earlier stuff. I as unsure at first, Visions was my first one. It took a lil bit to grow on me then suddenly I loved it. I would recommend Till Fjalls if he doesn't mind the Swedish, otherwise Cosmic Genesis.

amf said:
I'd say Till Fjälls or Ödemarkens Son cause they are more "easy-listened", the later albums can take more time to get into I think. But it also depends on what kind of music your friend listens to, since there's so much difference between all the albums.

I agree with you amf.

I have recommended and went as far as burning Vintersorg cds to a few of my friends in an attempt to get them to check it out. Every single person has loved it which I didn't think would happen because I gave it to some people who don't like any metal with clean vocals. I always recommend Till Fjalls because I feel it is the easiest to get into and I still think it is easily the best Vintersorg cd. I can't get enough of the sound of his voice on that record. So good.

I would offer 'cosmic...' everytime.I actually played this to my girlfriend and she loved it.I've played others to her without telling her who it is,and she hasn't even bothered to ask who it is :tickled: ..Not that there's anything wrong with them of course ;) There's an extra feeling of rawness in the earlier albums,but i think with today's production,'cosmic..' is always gonna be an easier first listen!

:Spam:

Odemarkens Son...it was the first album I listened to and loved it very much. I had no problem with my issue of not understanding a bit of Swedish, but I tend to like music BETTER if I don't understand the words.
If your friend isn't wild about foreign music, then Cosmic Genesis might be a little easier-accepted. It also seems to have more mainstream influences, so thats another factor.

O___O Not like Mr. V's voice??? Jeez...but then again, most people think Justin Timberlake has a 'sexy' voice.