Recording Journal Discussion Thread

Sep 27, 2008
South Yorkshire, UK
Thought I'd start a thread as the journal is locked to us mere mortals.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this album. Have you guys thought about filming parts of the recording with some camcorders? I think it would make for some interesting footage for a future DVD release or maybe some bonus content on the CD.

Thought I'd start a thread as the journal is locked to us mere mortals.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this album. Have you guys thought about filming parts of the recording with some camcorders? I think it would make for some interesting footage for a future DVD release or maybe some bonus content on the CD.

We have and we are. The entire session will be recorded with multiple recorders (hopefully!)

Keep your eyes on the news boards. The titles and cover art should be let loose any minute. Then, the speculation will begin. ;)

Paul,
I can only waste so much time here at work!!! :)

Man, I remember sitting behind my monitor at work on Oct 31, 2006, waiting for DROWN THE INLAND MERE to be unleashed!

I have the same excitement running through me as I type this!

The news was just posted on Blabbermouth: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112546

Chicago's NOVEMBERS DOOM will enter Belle City Sound studio in Racine, Wisconsin tomorrow (Friday, January 16) to begin recording the band's seventh full-length CD, "Into Night's Requiem Infernal". The album will be recorded by Chris Djuricic (NOVEMBERS DOOM bassist) and mixed by Dan Swanö at Unisound in Örebro, Sweden.

Commented the band: "We're using the same recording/mixing formula we've used on 'The Pale Haunt Departure' and 'The Novella Reservoir'. In our opinion, the combination of Djuricic and Swanö creates the perfect sound for us, and we've received nothing but stellar reviews of sound quality from this combination in the past.

"Every band hypes their new material, and says it's the best they've done, and the hardest and the heaviest... You can judge that for yourself in time. What we can say is that this is the first time going into a recording the entire band feels confident and believes the material will please fans of the band, as well as turn many new heads in our direction. It's dark, aggressive, and melodic, and compliments the last three releases."

During the recording sessions, the band will keep a daily journal, including photos, videos, and comments.

"Into Night's Requiem Infernal" track listing:

01. Into Night's Requiem Infernal
02. Eulogy for the Living Lost
03. Empathy's Greed
04. The Fifth Day of March
05. Lazarus Regret
06. I Hurt Those I Adore
07. The Harlots Lie
08. When Desperation Fills the Void

Check out the cover artwork below.

NOVEMBERS DOOM is:

Paul Kuhr - Vocals
Larry Roberts - Guitar
Vito Marchese - Guitar
Chris Djuricic - Bass
Sasha Horn - Drums

3199292309_c92fee7936_o.jpg

Good luck in the studio guys! Seems like a new direction again, judging by the track names and cover art. I'll be waiting for the sounds :)

Hope the member that was rushed to hospital is OK. I appreciate the person concerned may not want to have his condition/illness made public, but please send him my best for a speedy recovery.

We don't talk shit just poke fun at times (like the hidden clip on the dvd, etc.) but we tend to talk shit like that towards each other in this band, it's just how we have fun. No harm or seriousness intended.

And Chris is definitely a trooper, he showed that very much during the course of the weekend!

AHH. When did this happen? I missed it completely. This is great news! That artwork looks flippin' sweet! The tracklist was nice. Where's the Viva la Vida cover? You guys aren't going to get radio play until you cover Coldplay, come on...... by the way I'm kidding, I don't want to get in trouble. :) Radio play isn't important for music with substance and I haven't watched MTV in years so in other words, I'm excited to see your video on youtube. I just hope you put the music video on much sooner than the length of time you waited to put Rain on youtube. :)

The name and tracklist looks solid, really solid...... I can tell just from what I read there that it is going to be darker and heavier, and the cover artwork looks so much more deranged than the whole umbrella guy sleeping in a puddle concept. :D I'm excited and happy for you guys, way to go. :)