recording of TGE...

MACvodka

Alcohol-connecting people
May 28, 2006
somewhere in JEWLAND
hi everybody
i post every now and then on the smyth board but it's my first here i think...

i've heard that "the psalm of lydia" was recorded on a 6 string guitar....why the hell?!
are there another strange things like that?:Smug:

hi everybody
i post every now and then on the smyth board but it's my first here i think...

i've heard that "the psalm of lydia" was recorded on a 6 string guitar....why the hell?!
are there another strange things like that?:Smug:

So was Create The Infinite. What's the problem?

As a 7-string guitarist who tunes himself like Nevermore, sometimes one simply wants to try and do something else. I honestly have to admit that while I'm absolutely happy with my 7-string, I found myself more inspired on a 6-string guitar tuned to drop-C#. The Psalm Of Lydia was played/written on that tuning...

It's a bit rough to say "... why the hell?!" to a band like Nevermore, because you're not the musician, Steve and Jeff are. Don't you agree that it's an awesome song? Well then.

btw: All albums before Dead Heart In A Dead World were done on 6-strings, and I was blown away on Dreaming Neon Black, such unique riffs solely on 6-ers :cool:...

Stupid note: does anyone think that 5-string basses wouldn't suit Jim? I mean, he always did them songs with 4-stringers.. he would remind me of the Korn bassist if he'd ever switch... *shiver*

Because of a five string bass? It's not like he put a baseball cap on backwards and started hopping around like gangsta bunny just because of an extra string.

Yeah, I know.. it was a stupid statement anyway. I'm just so used to seeing Jim playing a 4-string, that a 5-er would seem alienating to Nevermore (I KNOW, STUPID STATEMENT)

but meh :p never mind.

sure he's doing a great job, but i just wish you could, ya know, hear him a bit more. and some nice fills here and there would be kickass too.

yeah, the whole lack of audible bass in a lot of metal bands these days annoys me. but i was happy to be able to hear him on Sentient 6 and the part towards the end of A Future Uncertain i like a lot.