recording of TGE...

Seed awakening is in normal tuning 1/2 a step down (E flat) and the low E is dropped to C#, So Drop D tuning a 1/2 a step down, so Is Create the Infinite and so is Psalm of Lydia. lets not confuse the poor guy shall we?

Every nevermore song recorded with guitars is trash.

LOL!!

EDIT: By the way.. does anyone think that DHIADW was very Fear Factory influenced? Engines Of Hate <-> "Machines Of Hate".
And not to mention Narcosynthesis' rythm.. I like the album though..

Goddamn fuckin 2nd edit: nevermind about Narcosynthesis. Loadsa other bands now use these kinds of things like the synced kicks and riffs.

I'm actually glad jeff switched to 7 strings, because without it we wouldn't have today TGE which is their best work yet imho. It took jeff a while to "accomodate" himself to the extra string and the possibilities of the range of hte 7 string guitar. For example EoR is more complex in the use of the 7th string, yet not using it alone, than dead heart. And TGE just pwns everything else. Probably TGE is my all time favorite metal album, followed by justice, arise nad PoE. And i really love the psalm of lydia, great song. They should play it live next tour (along with every other song from TGE and POE)

I dislike some of the guitar stuff on DHIADW where it gets a bit too influenced by groove/core-ish bands like Pantera and Fear Factory, mostly Narcosynthesis, Inside Four Walls and the first distorted riff in the title track. The killer vocal melodies and solos well make up for it though.
The way he uses the seven string on TGE is fucking amazing though. Awesome riffs and leads all over the place, and it's possibly the most ripping sound I've yet heard from Loomis in terms of both the distortion and production sound.

I dislike some of the guitar stuff on DHIADW where it gets a bit too influenced by groove/core-ish bands like Pantera and Fear Factory, mostly Narcosynthesis, Inside Four Walls and the first distorted riff in the title track. The killer vocal melodies and solos well make up for it though.
The way he uses the seven string on TGE is fucking amazing though. Awesome riffs and leads all over the place, and it's possibly the most ripping sound I've yet heard from Loomis in terms of both the distortion and production sound.

Well yeah, that's basically why I'm such a retardedly huge Nevermore fan (vocals, solo's, Loomis), and TGE is without doubt one of the best 7-string albums in history of metal!

Oh fuck.. I think I missed a thread arround here... Jeff calling people?