Rediscovering the times of old

E-bortion

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Dec 23, 2004
So I just picked up The Mars Volta - De-loused in the Comatorium and it's just as brilliant as ever. What albums have you guys rediscovered time and time again? It seems like I've done it at least 100x with Slaughter of the Soul and The Crown - Deathrace King. :kickass: Discuss.

I saw The Mars Volta in concert last month. They were fucking AWFUL and we left early. They are one of my favorite bands in the studio, but live, ugh.

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies. It simply never gets old. Ever.

I saw The Mars Volta in concert last month. They were fucking AWFUL and we left early. They are one of my favorite bands in the studio, but live, ugh.

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies. It simply never gets old. Ever.

Why were they awful, I've seen them twice, but I never thought they were awful.

It was like watching a 3rd rate acid jazz band with no sense of SHUTTING THE FUCK UP. The night we saw them took all their spazout sections (which are great), but eliminated all possible dynamics of them. Granted, it didn't completely suck, but I was just very disappointed with what I heard.

Long story short, I completely buy the rumoUr that John Frusciante had a lot to do with the De-loused and Frances albums, even more credit because I could never get into Amputechture.