Regarding the SOng Survivor....

Episode 666

Mr.Nonesense
Dec 3, 2001
www.freewebs.com
In no way i mean to rack down on Guardian in any way, just so you know that. It's just that i feel that the Song Survivor will take to long time... A poll of the best album would be more precis in a way too... i will explain later when i get home...

Peace

except we've done countless polls for every imaginable element of every opeth album and/or song..

the survivor threads will give a different view..

I plan on being around here for a while still, how about you? Moving to calcutta sometime soon?

I might as well say this now to people.... I know that when the first BWP poll comes (my favorite album) you are all gonna vote off Dirge For November. By a longshot. Please people, don't do this!!! Just listen to the song.... go over it.... feel it....come on... just don't vote it off!!!!! It's my favorite song!!!!! I hate it when people talk about how bad it is..... and the song survivor is gonna be so hard on it.....

Reactions: Lethe78
Martin Mendez - Least Favorite Opeth Track: "Dirge for november"

You KNOW the song's in bad shape when one of the band members thinks it's the worst thing that they've ever done... :D

I understand you Episode666, but I also agree that there have been countless polls such as 'Best song from <insert Opeth album here>'. This song survivor thing isn't to be taken seriously or anything, I just thought it might be fun and interesting to try. I know it'll take a while, but I'm not planning on getting an offline life anytime soon, heh. I don't expect everyone to agree with this format, but I'm gonna keep it goin' like this anyway.

I'm just about to do Still Life, by the way. :)

SunlapseVertigo said:
I might as well say this now to people.... I know that when the first BWP poll comes (my favorite album) you are all gonna vote off Dirge For November. By a longshot. Please people, don't do this!!! Just listen to the song.... go over it.... feel it....come on... just don't vote it off!!!!! It's my favorite song!!!!! I hate it when people talk about how bad it is..... and the song survivor is gonna be so hard on it.....
I agree 100%! I looove Dirge For November! :headbang: there's so much emotion it. don't know why many don't like it. it's partially repetitive, but thats one of the reasons why it's so cool!

Duvall - "...we've done countless polls for every imaginable element of every opeth album and/or song.. the survivor threads will give a different view.."

I remember a this poll. Hearse did a Song Survivor about a year ago. One album at a time. He gave 3 days to vote off a song. I think he had a poll for every song, one after the other until only one from each album was left. Then all were voted on to get the best of the best. Remember all the cheating? Wasn't BRI (as expected) the final winner? May history repeat itself!

"Moving to calcutta sometime soon?"

vulcan.gif

John - Martin Mendez - Least Favorite Opeth Track: "Dirge for november". You KNOW the song's in bad shape when one of the band members thinks it's the worst thing that they've ever done..."

Yeah, he only says that because he can't be all :headbang: when plays it. :p

Dirge was the first song that stood alone on BWP for me. The dryness in the vocals at the beginning. So helpless and small. The chilling course of the lyrics. It's so... personal. HOWEVER, it certainly does not thwap my ass like others on the album. I'm just saying it won't be my first vote.

I would...were it not for the fact that DFN IS the worst thing off BWP...by a long shot

SunlapseVertigo said:

You rock!!! THat is my favourite from that cd. I will not vote against it.

OOH. Conflicting. I'm betting on it being voted off regardless. Might have caused too much attention now. OR NOT. :)

One thing you should change Gaurdian, when the poll for BWP is released anounce what song was voted off Still Life, and do that for each one from this point on. Oh, and Sunlapse, Im pritty sure Patterns in the Ivy will get voted off first.

Well it's nice to see people actually defending the song for once.... although i think its hopeless for the song... btw crimsonfloyd, I dunno.... i mean just look at the poll for MAYH.... Karma almost got voted off before Madrigal.... that should say something about how people vote on these things....

crimsonfloyd said:
One thing you should change Gaurdian, when the poll for BWP is released anounce what song was voted off Still Life, and do that for each one from this point on. Oh, and Sunlapse, Im pritty sure Patterns in the Ivy will get voted off first.

I might do a summary of the results, at the end of each round, or something.

SunlapseVertigo said:
btw crimsonfloyd, I dunno.... i mean just look at the poll for MAYH.... Karma almost got voted off before Madrigal.... that should say something about how people vote on these things....

We have our reasons. ;)