Release the Dan Nelson album anyway?

Walkid

New Metal Member
Aug 7, 2009
probably already posted but im not a regular on here, im on the megadeth forums!

who thinks they should just release Worship Music now with Dan Nelson then get someone new!

I'd rather them release it as is than not release it at all - but if it's possible to get John Bush on it, I'd much rather that. It makes more sense to release the album with whoever the current singer is (especially if John is rejoining) than to promote an album with a different singer than what the current band sounds like. Plus, John Bush is my favorite singer and belongs in Anthrax - so it will just sound RIGHT with his voice.

Though, of course, it would be cool to hear what could have been, as far as listening to the Dan Nelson version. I'm sure I'll like it with John better - and that's meant as no disrespect towards Dan - John is my favorite metal singer, like I said.

I think they should keep Dan's Vocals on the album
Release it the way it is - Anthrax made it sound as if the album was complete anyway
The whole line-up change then re-recording thing really bothers me
It's sorta like what Sabbath did to Ray Gillen

They could release Worship Music as it is
and have a bonus section with the current singer cutting vocals on their best tracks and then work on a follow up to Worship Music

To have someone step just in and re-record it's just dirty, unthoughtful, and lazy

It's not just someone that would be retracking the vocals. It's John Bush - the guy who was their singer for longer than anyone.
None of us have heard any of the songs yet so it will still be new and fresh regardless of what voice we hear on it. It only makes sense to release a record with the current guy on it (if John does rejoin - we're obviously getting ahead of ourselves talking like he already has). Spending the money to manufacture and promote something that's not what the band currently sounds like would be a huge flop and waste of cash.

That's IF Bush even returns - I remember once when he was saying "I'm not going back to them with my tail between my legs" and now he's pretty much close to doing it

But if he does return- granted it would make sense for them to re-record business wise. But it's still pretty underhanded. They should still have the tracks with Dan available if they were to do that (Weather it's Bush or another Vocalist)

I don't believe Bush returned with his tail between his legs. The band needed him more than he needed them. If anything they humbled to get him to play some gigs. There seems to be a positive vibe growing from Scott and Charlie , so who knows , maybe there re-recording vocals as we speak and the album will be released as scheduled. [wishful thinking]

I love and grew up with Anthrax, but they honestly need to get their shit together when it comes to lead singers. I have a feeling that Charlie and Scott aren't the easiest blokes to work with. I think they both have the attitude of, it's their band, so screw everyone else. That's just my opinion though. (shrugs)

~Brian~

I also think Bush wouldn't be coming back with it's tail between the legs. He did them a *favor* by doing the UK gig, the band said so publicly. Also, the Japan gig says "Anthrax, featuring John Bush", that was probably something hard to do ego-wise for the band. Scott even admits that they need Bush back, even if not worded directly like that. Sounds to me like the Bushman is being publicly reinstated, what else would that suckin' up to him mean? Bush is turning favorable public opinion towards him, preparing for a return with his head way up high...

As for Worship, they definitely need to redo the vocals with Bush - it doesn't make any sense to release an album with a singer who's just been fired. All I hope is that Bush never listens to Dan's vocal tracks, he needs to make the songs his 100%...

Anthrax 2010 schedule

-Re-record the vocals with Bush and release worship music;
-Announce "Fistful era” reunion tour with Neil Turban (hey, you have to cash in on the trash revival don’t you?!);
-Make various statements in interviews such as the Turban shows were the best and most enjoyable of your career and that this is the strongest line up of the band;
-Rip Neil off with his share of ticket and merch royalties;
-Niel leaves band;
-Make ill fated attempt to get Bush back…. Again...
-Call Joey?

Now that sounds more realistic doesnt it? o_O

:lol:

It's funny, I actualy don't give a fuck what they do. If they don't record with Bush...whatever. If they do, I'll buy it, but it won't be the same. It'll be kinda like eating a hamburger, but they slaughter the Cow in front of you.

What do you think...how much Dan has to pay? He's the source of this current mess anyway...

T:)

Re-record with whoever is the new singer and release the album as a 2-disc special edition with 1 disc having the new singer and the other disc having Dan Nelson.

At this point, I don't give a shit who sings. I want a new Anthrax album.

I don't think Nelson has to pay anyone. I'm sure he's probably fighting to have it released, so he can generate some
$$$ and some songs to perform live as a solo artist.Anthrax will most likely have to buy him out of his contractual obligation to the band.Like Ive said before if we start hearing some new material live with Bush, That will seal the deal.

Anthrax 2010 schedule

-Re-record the vocals with Bush and release worship music;
-Announce "Fistful era” reunion tour with Neil Turban (hey, you have to cash in on the trash revival don’t you?!);
-Make various statements in interviews such as the Turban shows were the best and most enjoyable of your career and that this is the strongest line up of the band;
-Rip Neil off with his share of ticket and merch royalties;
-Niel leaves band;
-Make ill fated attempt to get Bush back…. Again...
-Call Joey?

Now that sounds more realistic doesnt it? o_O

:lol:

Hilarious

Either way Anthrax gotta do SOMETHING - other than the live shows they've been pretty stagnant about the whole "Worship Music" thing

Here's another idea - why don't they leave Worship Music alone and record a new album altogether with Bush... (If He's coming back)