Releases 2010

All I am going to say is that from what I have heard regarding the new DT album's sound, I am very worried. The fact they are touring with KSE and The Devil Wears Prada helps solidify this (although to be fair, DT has been wanting to do one of these big metalcore support tours since Character came out).

I finally got around to checking out In Mourning. Cool stuff.

All I am going to say is that from what I have heard regarding the new DT album's sound, I am very worried. The fact they are touring with KSE and The Devil Wears Prada helps solidify this (although to be fair, DT has been wanting to do one of these big metalcore support tours since Character came out).

I finally got around to checking out In Mourning. Cool stuff.

You got me worried about DT... Fiction was such a good album IMO

Yeah Fiction is good stuff, I enjoy it a lot more than Character now actually.

I didn't really have high hopes for them even before Aeonic said that, but I'll check it out. Who knows maybe some more core in their music will be kinda cool, Hah.

The material you can hear from the 3 album updates sounds pretty standard fare for DT. Hopefully there is no coring around. But just because they are going on tour with metalcore acts doesn't mean it will deviate their sound. I mean, I saw In Flames with KSE a while back and Children of Bodom with Shadows fall and that didn't change.......... ooooooohhhh this is not good

Well as I said, I know that they've been wanting to do a gay tour like that since Character. I've just heard things about the new album that worry me. That's all I can say about it.

Considering how mediocre the new myspace song is, I sincerely doubt it. It seems indeed that they are going for a more industrial groove-oriented sound with less riffs just like I was told. We'll see how this album will grows.

"Bands that cannot do no wrong" list
i am going to assume from the rest of the post that the double-negative was unintentional and you meant "bands that can do no wrong"

if there is one thing ive learned following bands for 10+ years, its that there is no such thing as this list, and to put bands on it only further increases disappointment and self-delusion down the line. NO ONE stays awesome forever (unless they break up at/near[1-2 albums] their peak).

i am going to assume from the rest of the post that the double-negative was unintentional and you meant "bands that can do no wrong"

if there is one thing ive learned following bands for 10+ years, its that there is no such thing as this list, and to put bands on it only further increases disappointment and self-delusion down the line. NO ONE stays awesome forever (unless they break up at/near[1-2 albums] their peak).

You have a nasty habit of acting as though your opinions are fact. Not everyone agrees with that theory and pulling the elitist metal dogma "WELL IF U DONT AGREE WIF WAT THE GENERAL METAL CONSENSUS SAYS THEN UR GAY" won't matter much either. I agree with Don in that typically DT is indeed a band that was really consistent. Nevermore is another imo. I'll be pretty sad if this CD winds up sucking. That said there indeed bands that have stayed awesome/consistent for multiple decades. Some would say Maiden is one of those bands. It ultimately just depends on what you're into. ;)

Is there any info you can leak given the songs on the album? I'm a bit worried. Dark Tranquillity is on that whole "Bands that cannot do no wrong" list and I'm worried.

In a nutshell, that it would be more industrial and groove oriented.

You have a nasty habit of acting as though your opinions are fact. Not everyone agrees with that theory and pulling the elitist metal dogma "WELL IF U DONT AGREE WIF WAT THE GENERAL METAL CONSENSUS SAYS THEN UR GAY" won't matter much either.
hahaha, just about ALL of my posts are pretty packed with sarcasm and hyperbole, so dont take them as if they are posted with :Smug:

like, i mean what i say, but not in a (why so)serious way...make sense? haha

plus, i very much doubt if i am very often on the same page as 'general metal consensus' dogma haha

ive just had my heart broken way too many times to believe there is a band that "can do no wrong"

Yes I meant "bands that can do no wrong". Must have been the Coors typing.

But I think that there are a few bands that, no matter what they do, always put out a quality release that is solid and enjoyable. However, the list is extremely short, and just one shitty record blemishes the status. I think so far my list looks like this:

Dark Tranquillity
Detonation
Nevermore
Amon Amarth
Arsis
Blind Guardian
Kalmah
Mercenary
Skyfire
Suidakra
Symphony X

Still, even though I think all albums of the mentioned bands kick royal arse, I never thought Children of Bodom or Opeth would put out some shitty discs. Up until Ghost Reveries, I thought Mikael Akerfeldt was incapable of writing a song that was not a masterpiece. How wrong I was.

I actually love Ghost Reveries. Except for maybe half of one track. It took me a couple of years to really enjoy it though. I think Lopez pulls off some of his best work really. I would say that Watershed is a decent album, but it is not great.

Yes I meant "bands that can do no wrong". Must have been the Coors typing.

But I think that there are a few bands that, no matter what they do, always put out a quality release that is solid and enjoyable. However, the list is extremely short, and just one shitty record blemishes the status. I think so far my list looks like this:

Dark Tranquillity
Detonation
Nevermore
Amon Amarth
Arsis
Blind Guardian
Kalmah
Mercenary
Skyfire
Suidakra
Symphony X

Still, even though I think all albums of the mentioned bands kick royal arse, I never thought Children of Bodom or Opeth would put out some shitty discs. Up until Ghost Reveries, I thought Mikael Akerfeldt was incapable of writing a song that was not a masterpiece. How wrong I was.

For me it's Dark Tranquillity, Nevermore, Sight, Rotting Christ, Opeth, Paradise Lost, Moonspell, Katatonia, Symphony X, and Bal-Sagoth (although Wikipedia says that they're gonna break up!).

My list would consist of Katatonia, Porcupine Tree, Kaki King and God Is An Astronaut. That is all that I can think of as far as making music that will always be grand quality.

The only bands on my Can't Not Do No Wrong list are broken up with no hope of reuniting.

And anyone who says Maiden can do no wrong hasn't done their research. Does Virtual XI ring any bells?

I love seeing Maiden live. Such a great live show, but they have many tracks that are pretty much not good at all. But the tracks that are good are usually great. My favourite album from them is Brave New World. Every track is quality.