Releases 2010

No I forgot Amorphis actually. Skyfire doesn't have enough albums to warrant being on my list. Though, if they were to ever make a bad album I'd...

probably just cry in Martin's arms.

New Dark Tranquillity song:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXD9Q629jTI&feature=related[/ame]
:ill:

New Kalmah song:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HGdNf0tee4&NR=1[/ame]
:kickass:

New Ihsahn - After is definitely a solid release this year. Very odd stuff, as always. But good. Also, just got In Mourning - Monolith! Shrouded Divine was absolutely amazing so I'm pumped for the new one.

Listened to the In Mourning album for the first time just now, needs some more time to sink in but it was pretty tasty on that first listen :heh:

I got the Ihsahn album as well I'll scope it out at work.

Anyone here like Catamenia? Apparently they have a new CD coming out late February entitled Cavalcade. Should be good as their stuff is always pretty consistent and wolfish. I'm a bit worried though. No wolf to be found on the cover art...

Anyone here like Catamenia? Apparently they have a new CD coming out late February entitled Cavalcade. Should be good as their stuff is always pretty consistent and wolfish. I'm a bit worried though. No wolf to be found on the cover art...

I thought their last one was pretty bad. Location : COLD was badass tho.

^ yeah VIII was kinda weak. Can't beat Chaos Born, Winternight Tragedies, Location: COLD trio though. Hopefully the new one will be on par with those.

Those 3 albums are indeed great, I kinda miss the keyboards on VIII tho. They could at least use samples... what would happen to songs like Location: COLD and The day the sun faded away without keyboards?

One of my favorite bands...on the same level as Skyfire for me.

I think they rush their albums too much and the cover art is disappointing...they also said they are moving to a new musical direction so I'm worried.

But I've never been disappointed by any of their albums (except Location: COLD but it just took forever to finally grow on me) so it should be good hopefully.

If anyone wants to check em out I recommend:

Winternight Tragedies
Chaosborn
Morning Crimson

In Vain > In Mourning. That record rules! The new Shining (Nor) is also damn cool. Stoked on the new Borknagar and Orphaned Land records destined to leak soon as well as the new Rotting Christ.

Also I've heard some new Finntroll songs and they are AWESOME. I cannot wait for that CD now.

The American Dollar has a new album out called Atlas. It is a pleasant album. They have a trip-hop sound at times with a post-rock influence. It is a mostly chilled out album if you are in the mood.