Releases 2010

I will also be seeing her for the first time on the 29th. Very thrilled for that. Also, God Is An Astronaut should be touring the US later this year. I cannot wait. As far as other shows go, I should be seeing Katatonia twice on their upcoming tour. They open and close around my area. Off-topic since they had a 2009 album.

Ok so now that the new Nevermore leaked I guess I can share my thoughts, as I've had the record for a few months now.

I'm honestly extremely disappointed. It's not a BAD album, and it actually has some killer riffs, but it just lacks the catchiness and general ferocity that I come to expect with Nevermore. I also feel Loomis hasn't yet gotten over his shredwank phase and forgot how to write vicious metal songs. The best song on the entire CD is the title track IMO and they put it at the end... I totally think it should have been the opener. Oh well.

Also the vocal production on this album is piss poor. Something about Warrel's performance is lacking...

Oh and the promise of Sanctuary-style screams was not delivered! :err:

Really haha, I didn't feel that way at all about it. I fucking love it. Normally those kinds of vocals are not my cup of tea but for some reason in the context of the band I actually REALLY love 'em. I also think that particular singer is just able to make them work.

Yup.

idk dude. I'm not 100% psyched for the reunion. Can he even sing like that? Can Lenny write metal riffs? The whole reason why they broke up was because Lenny wanted to turn Sanctuary into a grunge band and so did Epic Records.

I just want a vicious, venom fueled (to borrow from neal) Nevermore record. :D Too much to ask for?

I dono I like the new record. Not their best, but nice to hear some new songs. Plus there are a few gems. I really wish Warrel would have done vocals over JL's solo album and called it good. Oh well.

Okay. I found that re-organizing the tracklist of the Nevermore album makes it a much MUCH more memorable experience. I changed the tracklist to:

Obsidian
Emptiness
Morals
Moonrise
Marble
Maiden
Wall
Poison
Colors
Termination

and it's a MUUUUCH better listen. Album comes across way better. I think the band was on some SERIOUS drugs coming up with the horrible tracklist arrangement as seen on the record.