Releases 2010

I guess I will be grabbing the Burzum album soon. I did not see any non-expensive preorders anywhere, fortunately or unfortunately. It appears that my first album purchases of the year will be Kaki King (already preordered), coming out at the beginning of next month and God Is An Astronaut, hopefully in May.

No metal purchases on the horizon, it seems.

^ God. Nice "Quickies".

i honestly think the new Catamenia is piss as(s) fuckin poor. I've been a fan of every album they've done. VIII worried me a bit, (though it was still in the same spirit) but this is just... not the same kind of band. Oh well. I guess 9 albums later you get sick of not getting recognized for making better shit than everyone else in your genre after every album you made rocks dicks to gay hell...

Agreed. I'm pissed.

They are one of my favorite bands but Kari's clean gay whiny vocals ruins the new album in particular.

^^ Yeah I've given it more than a few spins. I honestly enjoy a few tracks, but it just doesn't really sound much like Catamenia anymore. Kari's "C,G,W" vocals, the shift from frosty melodic thrashers to mid paced chord chuggers, etc. It seems like they became more immature with their writing, and lack any sort of direction/new identity. Oh well. Maybe it's because I cares abouts dems bands so much with what which Is am disappoint...

edit: If anyone likes Detonation, they have a new track streaming on their MySpace. Sounds pretty good!

I thought the vocals sounded like pure anus in a few tracks, especially the Metallica type garbage in the second track, the deeper vox make up for it though. I just think its cool and different from their other stuff I have heard, which I didn't enjoy, so I guess I'm on the opposite page as you guys. Hah

I downloaded the new Darkthrone album, not sure why I knew I wouldn't like it.

Listened to half of the Kalmah album... Some pretty cool parts.

Listened to the Dark Tranquillity album, was a bit forgettable the first time 'round, I'll try it again next time I'm at work.

Checked out the In Vain album. Some parts sounded sweet others like anal leakage. I'll try it again later.

Tried out the Sign album, couldn't get into it.

Checked out this band Ikuinen Kaamos, sounded like Walmart brand Opeth...

And the the HIM album has a few cool tracks but thats it.

Yeah the new Darkthrone is probably their best in a long ass time. Didn't really like the last few records but this one pwns. Reminds me of Slough Feg in a few places!

I've been spinning that Ke$ha album alot too, and so have my roommates. Honestly, it's fucking addictive. I love it.

Honestly, Catamenia's album covers are so unbelievably gay, I have been completely turned off to their music. I look at some of these and can't help but think of this:

http://www.birkoph.com/Wolf_tshirt.htm

You seriously won't listen to them because of their album covers? Ever heard of not judging a book by it's cover? Wow.

Listen to Winternight Tragedies, Chaosborn, and Morning Crimson NOW.

Yeah dude. Wolves aside, the middle of their catalog seriously kicks ass. Plus, most great bands have that one album cover that just makes you say "lolgay". Don't let it ruin it. Then again, I can't really tell if you're serious since you said you and your roomates were diggin the new Ke$ha album... Then again, I can't really tell if you're serious on that either since I saw it on your last.fm list sig... You're a weird dude.

That being said, Cavalcade's album art does suck epic ass...

It's not that I'm judging a book by its cover. It's that I'm assuming that a band with such a severe lack of taste could not be capable of creating good music. In my defense, it's not just "one" of their covers that is gay. It's damn near all of them!

I checked 'em out and I don't like them at all. Kudos to you if you dig 'em! And fuck yeah, Ke$ha is the shiiiiittt. I still prefer Gaga; her stuff is a bit more tasteful and a whole lot less trashy. Still, there's something really infectious about Ke$ha's CD.

Checked out the new Immolation again. I spun it a few times when it leaked and I dug it but it's really starting to sink in. I've never liked their early stuff and it seems I finally get what the band is all about. Awesome riffs!

Also spun the new Eluveitie. Not digging it, but I'm sure fans of the band will like it.

New Alcest is probably my AOTY. I must have spun that record 10 times since it leaked already haha!

That doesn't bother me. I liked VIII: The Time Unchained. Ari's black metal vocals are fine. The music was fine (minus Fallen...horrible song).

The new one is just lame as hell.

I'm not disliking Ari's vocals either, it's just that the ferociousness of their music seems to have disappeared along with Mika.

I still prefer Gaga; her stuff is a bit more tasteful and a whole lot less trashy.

I love you man.