The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis

Borknagar - Universal

Solution .45 - For Aeons Past

Darkthrone - Circle the Wagons

Immolation - Majesty & Decay

Burzum - Belus

... so far...

^ Nice List. Here's mine in no particular order:

Kalmah - 12 Gauge (Kicks serious ass as expected. Top quality every time)

Eluveitie - Everything Remains as it Never Was (Wish they would have evolved their sound a little more but whatever, still a great listen with excellent songs)

Whispered - Thousand Swords (Where the hell did these guys come from?! This CD is absolutely sick!)

Arsis - Starve for the Devil (One of my favorite bands. Great music as usual)

In Mourning - Monolith (Not as good as their first, but still a great effort)

More to come. Listening to new Unleashed as of now. It slays heavy women hard.

I don't know if this will be the most popular of comments but i LOVE the two new Avantasia CDs. I haven't enjoyed a power metal album in years (mainly since all of my fav. acts started evolving their sound), but this one takes the cake. Fast, epic, tons of sing-along choruses, diverse set of voices on each song. Awesome. Anybody take a listen?

metal opera pt 1 is among a very few powermetal albums i ever really put on (avg once a year?), but part 2 was really bad and i pretty much wrote them off haha, how do the new ones compare?

Hmmm the two new ones are more in the style of MOPt.II mixed with The Scarecrow. I don't think they are really a return to form (to the first one), but there are a few tracks on each disc that have some tunes that would have fit right in with it. There is still a lot of the melodic rock BS (The Scarecrow and Lost in Space EPs) on each disc, but the new stuff fits the "epic power metal done right" more so than anything I've heard in some time. I'd try "The Wicked Symphony", "Wastelands", "Scales of Justice", and "States of Matter" off of The Wicked Symphony, and "Stargazers", "Angel of Babylon", and "Promised Land (Pt.II)" off of Angel of Babylon. I pretty much swore off this ambiguously homosexual genre a while ago, but some of these songs are on fucking repeat in my head. Good stuff!

I received the new Kaki King in the mail on Friday. It officially releases on Tuesday. It took me two or three listens, but I am really loving it. It is a lot different from what she has done in the past, but still with the Kaki sound. She mainly uses electric guitars on this album. She also sings on most of the tracks this time. This is probably my album of the first quarter.

The Periphery s/t imo is going to be regarded as one of the most important modern metal albums since Pitch Black Progress.

Age of the Fifth Sun from God Is An Astronaut will be released on May 17th and you can preorder in a few days. Very excited for that one.

To be honest, I found their s/t to be massively disappointing. Far From Refuge was soo good, but for some reason the s/t did not click with me at all. I'll probably check the new one out though.

I suggest you check out both the new Eluvium (not to be confused with Eluveitie) and Red Sparowes for your 2010 post rawk fix.

I honestly thought you were joking.

I don't think their s/t comes close to Far From Refuge either, but it has a bunch of glorious tracks and some other just good ones. I will leave my expectations lower for the new one, that way not to jinx it much. I can't help but notice there has only been one or two albums in the past year I wasn't disappointed with at least a little bit.

I like the self-titled as a whole. Mainly because the tracks that are great are also my favourites by them. The other tracks are still nice though. But yeah, Far From Refuge is probably my favourite with All Is Violent, All Is Bright the sentimental favourite.

I have listened to one full Eluvium album and heard a few tracks from another. I will definitely check the new album out. I have heard some of the stuff on Red Sparowes myspace before and I am not sure if I will like them. We will see if I feel like checking that out.

I received the new Kaki King in the mail on Friday. It officially releases on Tuesday. It took me two or three listens, but I am really loving it. It is a lot different from what she has done in the past, but still with the Kaki sound. She mainly uses electric guitars on this album. She also sings on most of the tracks this time. This is probably my album of the first quarter.

Yeah I loved it. Seeing her for the 1st time on May 1st :)

As far as GIAA goes, the s/t is actually my favorite from them so I can't wait to hear the new stuff.